cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TARGET GROUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts

plz tell me how can create target group on the basis of E-Mail id means(who are having the email id) maintain E-Mail ID in BP Sold To Party

i will Appreciate with more points

regards

sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found a solution about indicator whether e-mail is maintained for business partner.

There is infoset "CRM_MKTTG_BP_ADDR", and attribute list "BP Address" for this infoset. You can analyze this infoset in SQ02.

There is an indicator saying that BP has e-mail in this infoset.

You may make you own attribute list (SAP menu-marketing-marketing segments-maintain data source). Assign as data source an infoset "BP Address" and choose that indicator about e-mails (click checkbox).

From now you can in segment builder find your new attribute list and after creating filters on it (yes - BP has e-mail, no - does not have), you can model your profile set.

Regards

Radek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi radek

thank for ur reply

i know that it is avilable in BP address info set but it is working for CITY but not for E-Mail id properly. it shows wrong.

in BP address info set we maintain only maintain Address table(ADRC) but not E-mail table(ADR6). i think that is the prob. if u know any other ways to create a target group on basis of E-Mail base.

anybody help on this issue plzzzzzzzz

regards

sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

so why don't you try to build new infoset in SQ02 (with tables but000, but020, adr6 - SAP joins tables, you don't have to do it ), and later build data source, next build attribute list and use it in segment builder. You will have to make in Segment builder filter on the field "e-mail address search field" (there is some problem with field "e-mail address"). I had problem with making filter "contains @", but as I noticed in Segment Builder data about target group (adresses, e-mails and so on) are sometimes wrong, Don't know why. E-mails usually are displayed but sometimes are blanks, but the query took those bpartners to segment - this is the most important for you. I think this is a bug in CRM.

Please test it.

Regards

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi radek

thanks alot for ur reply

i already created infoset on basis of BUT000-BUT020-ADR6

but it is not working wht the prob i didnt know.if u know plz tell me its urgent

regards

sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please write why you think this is not working.

As I wrote you better check in tables if the BP has e-mail or not, because data displayed in Segment Builder about BPs is a bit wrong - in my eg. e-mails in Segment Builder sometimes were not displayed but the BP had e-mail.

So please make criteria for filter, then filter data and check in tables wheather BPs displayed have e-mails really.

Regards

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

Happy New Year!.

I was wondering did you get this working at all?

I am trying to do exactly the same thing - creating a target group based on the business partner email address only. I have created an infoset with the tables you listed, now I am not too sure how to proceed.

When in the segment builder I am trying to find a way now to build a target group based on the list of email addresses I have.

Any tips would be great. Thanks in advance.

Regards

JoJo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to my previous post I wanted to explain what I need to do:

I have a list of over 3000 email addresses - these email addresses equate to a BP in our CRM system, however I do not have a list of the equivalent business partner numbers, all I have to work on are the email addresses. What I need is a method to find the 3000 BP numbers based on the email addresses and then use the marketing expert tool (tx. CRMD_MKT_TOOLS) to change the marketing attributes on all of the 3000 BPs.

The issue I am having is how can I find the list of BP numbers just based on the email address, I tried creating an infoset based on table BUT000, BUT020 and ADR6 but I after creating attribute list & data source for this I am stuck on what to do next. I looked at imported a file into the target group but I do not have any BP numbers so this will not work.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers

JoJo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jojo

iam worked on that one but it shows some times wrong i do not no what is the prob according to my requirement particular CITY and in that city who are having the email id make them as a target group its some times work properly and some time shows wrong. if u required any help ask me

thanks

sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Radek

ur asking y ur think wrong? iam having 300 bp(test) in that one i mainten 170 email ids but when iam create a target group on the bais of email it shows wrongly and if iam select city as a target group in that info set(BUT00-BUT020-ADR6) it shows who are having the email id in that particular city.it dsnot shows all BP in particular city.

plzz tell me anybody whts the prob

deff i will appreciate with more points

regads

sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sreedhar,

when I read your post I came into idea that this is obvious that with that infoset you get only BPs with emails from particular city when you choose city as filter. (you probably took city from table first - but000). Look at the relation between tables (in infoset). From this infoset you can only get BPs with emails because only for them exists record in ADR6 table, that is used in infoset.

Probably if there is no record SAP will not take BP under account. if it works the same as Joins in SQL.

if you have 300 bp, a for 170 emails, how many of them you have in TG when criteria is email?

please check if for all 300 or for 170 BPs records in ADR6 exists?

how did you define filter for email criteria? and on which field from ADR6?

Regards

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi radek

if i select E-mail indicator its not working its shows wrong (means it shows 13 members). if we select on city based its working almost. wht the prob ?if know tell me na

regads

sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there must be some problem with this email indicator so don't use it.

I meant that you should not use any field (in filter) from other tabels then the last one (ADR6) because

regarding to how SQL works it will only show you records (BPs) that have record in that last table.

What is key to success here is a second relation. You can see that fot a BPs adress number there are many records in ADR6. That is why eg. organizations are also in Target Group, because they have at least one contact person with email.

Try to make in infoset relation between BUT000 and ADR6 (person number field). Then you will have better results.

Regards

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radek,

Regarding my previous posting on how to create a target group using the BP email address only, are you able to provide any tips on how I can do this. Basically I have a list of 300+ email addresses and I need to find the Bp number of these BPs so I can change their marketing attributes. So somehow I need to be able to create a target group with these BPs by finding their BP number based on BP email address only.

I have created an infoset with the tables BUT000, BUT020 and ADR6. I then need to somehow load the email addresses into the target group based on this infoset, but I cannot get it to work.

Can you kindly advise how I can go about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

JoJo

Former Member
0 Kudos

JoJo, if you don't have email addresses in CRM then start with it, you have to enter it to your BPs (to address data), and later with the same infoset we were talking about make a TG.

Because this thread is not yours I advise you to create own new thread

Regards

Radek