cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLR has indexed too few products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two days before I have noticed that search doesn't return a number of products . I found that the successfully finished indexing contained too few products. When I ran on-demand SOLR full indexing and later on the afternoon the index got corrected On the next day after a check of the amount of products in the index I found that there's again too few products. The planned resolution is to restore data from nightly backup and nightly indexing will be disabled.

Can Any one help me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi, I am sure solr commit is the issue . As rightly said above it indexes in a batch and try to commit those. Try getting the solr logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may not be the solution ,but faced a similar issue in one of my previous project. Solr indexing happens in batches and specific no of products will be indexed by a batch. Sometimes there may be error in indexing a particular product and that may stop indexing other products in that batch . Lets say batch size 100 and error occurs in 1 products , none of the product will get indexed in that particular batch. But products in other batches will get indexed . This causes some product to be indexed and some not.

It wont show any error message at the frontend but there will be some errors in the console log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manikandan. Since i am new to this Solr could you please tell whether any configuration will be done for indexing to take the products in Batch mode and also to control the size of the each product.Also we found the below error in the logs. will that be the cause of the Failure. Error: DefaultAfterSaveListenerRegistry] error notifying AfterSaveEvent listener com.hybris.backoffice.solrsearch.events.SolrIndexingAfterSaveListener@45a77685