cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set status as Closed (ticket)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is possible to set to Closed a ticket?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

preethi_bukke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

this depends on the configuration maintained in your system in the BC activity Tickets for Customer Support. you have to set the relevant statuses as visible in this activity.

But, the status "Closed" is only allowed for internal usage and can't be used actively in the application. Therefore it is not allowed to set this status visible in the activity.

Regards

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Preethi!!

But what you mean by "is only allowed for internal usage" ?

Thank you so much again!

preethi_bukke
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Gabriele,

the status that the users see in their tickets are User Status, these are the ones the users have access to. There are system status as well that you can find in BC activity and map your user status to the system one.

The Closed status will not be allowed to be changed by the users because it is a permanent one. Once the ticket is set as Closed, it will not be possible to reopen it. It is used in the situation such as; For eg: you have completed the ticket and in 3 month's time, if your customer does not respond to it, you want it to be closed automatically.

I shall try to find more information on this, if required.

Regards

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

sorry but could you be so kindly to point me how I can Set Closed Status in System status?

how I can set frame time after which the Ticket will set closed automatically?

Thanks in advance

Gabriele

AnkushPashine
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriele ,

You can create Work Flow rule base on 'Scheduling' for the Ticket .Please refer the below

steps (Generic steps) and then you can create rule as per your requirement.

1.Go to Administrator work center->Work Flow Rule->Click on New .

2.In the New Work Flow Rule screen which open under section Enter Basic Data ,maintain :-

• Business Object as Ticket
  • Timing as Scheduled
  • Event as Changed On
  • Relative Time as After
  • Time Offset as "1 minute".

3.Go to Define Condition section and set condition e.g. 'Approval Status' Equal to "Not Started".

4.Go to Define Action section and for Rule type as 'Field Update' set 'Status' as 'Completed'.

5.Activate the Rule.

Result ;Now ,when you create Ticket with approval status as 'Not started' , within minute the

Ticket status will automatically change to 'completed'.

Hope this answer your query.

Best Regards,

Ankush Pashine.

Answers (0)