cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a feed note to a group of users (Account Team)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know in the feed you can create private messages to individuals using the '*' sign but can we create feed messages to entire Account teams in private as well? Or do we just tell them to use the Feed within the Account object itself - in which case, will all the account team members get the feed message or do they still have to explicitly Follow the account (even if they're part of the Account team)?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PrasanthArya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The current functionality provides three types of Feed:

1. Home Feed - this is the user's personal feed. It is an aggregate of his own feed updates and the updates of the people he's following, the feed updates of the groups he belongs to, and the feed updates of the C4C objects that he's following or the object changes he makes. This is identical to his Home -> Feed Updates when in Jam and is meant to provide convenience to the user so that he can collaborate within C4C in the same way he would collaborate within Jam without having to switch applications.

2. Object Feed - this is the Feed facet/tab available in 22 C4C objects (thing inspectors) like Account, Opportunity, etc. It is made up of the system-generated feed whenever specific actions/events occur in the object and any user-entered feed within the object's
Feed facet.  This is collaboration centered around a specific-object.

3. Group Feed - this is the Group Feed updates available in the Groups facet/tab of 4 group-enabled C4C objects (Account, Opportunity, Products and Service Tickets). It contains the latest feed updates of all the groups that are associated to this given object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth

So in my case I think they should use the object feed to post a message to anyone looking at that object. However, will all members of the Account Team (say if it was an Account, or Opportunity) get notified of the Feed message or do they still have to explicitly Follow the Account of Opportunity?

Looking for a way to broadcast a message to all members of a team without them having to explicitly Follow something (if possible)

Answers (0)