I have been trying to create Attribute lists in order to have them appear in the Segment Builder of CRM 7.0
However I am facing two kinds of issues :
1- the attribute lists I have created in IMG from attributes ( CRMD_PROF_CHAR ) + attribute sets ( CRMD_PROF_TEMPL ) also created in IMG do not show up in the Segment Builder in Web UI.
2- the attributes + attribute sets I have created in the WEB UI do not even appear in the list when I want to select them while creating the attribute list in IMG (only the ones created in IMG do).
Is there a reason for such a clear distinction between the data created in IMG and the one created in Web UI ?
Can this possibly be linked to the fact that both transactions CRMD_PROF_CHAR and CRMD_PROF_TEMPL no longer are in the SPRO Menu and therefore, that they are no longer considered as Best Practice? (creating in Web UI being the Best Practice).
Please dont get confused with ATTRIBUTE SET and ATTRIBUTE LIST.
The sequence for segmentation can be highly given in steps as:
1. Create MARKETING ATTRIBUTE from UI or transaction CRMD_PROF_CHAR.
2. Create ATTRIBUTE SET to contain the marketing attributes by using UI or transaction CRMD_PROF_TEMPL.
3. Assign the attribute set to BP, and give the values for attributes from UI, or transaction BP
4. Create DATA SOURCE from transaction CRMD_MKTDS. Data Sources contain data from Attribute Set, Infoset, BP master data etc.
5. Create ATTRIBUTE LIST using transaction CRMD_MKTDS. Attibute List will contain the set of data sources created at point 4. This can also be used to consider/not consider any of the attributes present in data sources.
6. Entering into Segment Builder in transaction CRMD_MKTSEG, or through UI to create Profiles, profile sets, Filters, Target Groups etc. Here, attribute lists created in point 5 will be available to be used as filter criteria for profiles.
Hope this helps.
Generally its advisable to use WEBUI to create new Marketing Attribute sets and Attributes under it.
Data sources used in corresponding Attribute Lists, both need to be created using CRMD_MKTDS.
Marketing Attribute sets can be assginged to both Person and Organization and Attributes created using WEBUI gets
an automatic numbering as per Number range.
Hope this helps.