cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search and change the descriptions(translation) of objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All !

I was not able to translate in another language the following text elements in (Loyalty) Web UI:

1. in form "Search:Member Activity" message "Result List: XXX Member Activites Found".

2. in Loyalty Programm\form Loyalty progam\ block detail, button "Edit".

3. to create groups Reward rules and Reward rules, the values "Reward rules" ​​of the drop-down list in form Create Marketing Project.

Can you please tell the path to follow in order to translate them

Thanks in advance, Yuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

They may not be text elements. It could have been maintained as a message text or an OTR text in the system.

Is it part of the SAP standard. Then the translation would have been provided by SAP itself.

You don't need to translate the text.

Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon.

Users want to see these elements in Russian. Is there a way to help them with customize in se80 or other transaction tools? I have not found these texts with the help of SOTR_EDIT. Other interface elements have been translated from English by default.What are some ways to solve the problem?

Edited by: Target2 on Feb 11, 2012 5:23 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

All the text elements, OTR texts, messages would have been translated to the corresponding language. And if you have

configured the language to Russian, it will display in Russian. Is it happening only for these 3 elements?

If that is the case, then I doubt these have been hardcoded inside the code. Then I would suggest you to

create a ticket and report it to SAP.

Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, this is a simple way. But we are not looking for easy way :).A if I need to just change the item's text? SAP will not help me.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not about just changing the text. As per the guidelines, all such texts should be translatable.

If the translation is not available, that does mean there is something wrong. All the elements which

are translatable will have the translation available. In your case, i doubt there is something wrong in

the standard.

And in your case, if by any chance the translations are missing only for these 3 elements, you may login

to the system in the russian language and maintain the corresponding texts in russian. But for that

you need to know the exact elements for which you need to maintain the translation.

Regards,

Leon