cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hybris C4C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some information about SAP Hybris C4C. I will be grateful if someone can help me out by providing some information on the below mentioned points:

1. Is it possible to create a Sales Quote from an Opportunity (considering the SAP C4C system to be an standalone, no ERP system available)?

2. How can I assign a Customer to 'n' no of Accounts? After migration a set of accounts in SAP C4C, how can I group them based on different territories/regions?

3. Can we edit the 'Project Scope' once it was moved to Go-Live?

4. How can I send a 'Sales Quote' as an E-mail to the recipient? Can someone provide the steps for the same. (In Standalone SAP C4C).

5. How can I restrict users from accessing Documents of Higher authority? (Considering A -> Manager, B -> Sales Org, C -> Sales Unit, how can I restrict B from accessing A's contents and C from accessing both A's and B's content).

Thanks in Advance.

- Kim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

Here are some inputs on your queries:

1. Is it possible to create a Sales Quote from an Opportunity (considering the SAP C4C system to be an standalone, no ERP system available)?

=> You cannot 'CONVERT' an Opportunity to a Sales Quote however, you can certainly create a sales Quote from within an Opportunity in C4C - > From 'Sales Document' tab in an Opportunity.

2. How can I assign a Customer to 'n' no of Accounts? After migration a set of accounts in SAP C4C, how can I group them based on different territories/regions?

=> Grouping on Accounts based on Territories is accomplished via the 'Territory Management' functionality in C4C - enable this in scoping and perform the relevant Fine-tune activities for setting up the Root as well as Hierarchy of the Territory.

=> After the Go-Live switch is turned on, the Scope can only be edited by creating a 'Change Projec't in C4C.

4. How can I send a 'Sales Quote' as an E-mail to the recipient? Can someone provide the steps for the same. (In Standalone SAP C4C).

=>  In a Sales Quote, under Sales Document tab, click on the Action button and then click 'Edit Output Settings'. Under 'Output Details' tab under 'Send By' drop down, select 'E-mail'.

5. How can I restrict users from accessing Documents of Higher authority? (Considering A -> Manager, B -> Sales Org, C -> Sales Unit, how can I restrict B from accessing A's contents and C from accessing both A's and B's content).

=> Provides you have set up the correct hierarchy in the Org. Structure, when you assign access to the users, you can select the standard role for Access Restriction or if you are assigning access directly without a Business Role, then you can select 'Restricted' against the objects for which you want to restrict the access un der READ or WRITE or both, whatever the case may be and when you will scroll down the screen, you can select this user should have access to which users data for READ and WRITE.

BR

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sathya_k5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

please find some information based on my understanding. Hope it helps

Reply: Yes, you can create a Sales Quote from opportunity. Hope you are referring to manual creation.This can be done in Opportunity->Sales Documents->Sales Quotes

If you are looking for automatic creation, probably this can be achieved by SDK development.

Reply: You can activate it in scoping and review the questions in Edit Project Scope - >Sales - > Account and Activity Management - >Territory Management

Territory Management work Center needs to be assigned to user

To Upload territories and account mapping go to->Administration(Beta) -> and choose sales and marketing->territories, here you can upload the territory data and account mapping.

Reply: Once the project is moved to live, then we cannot edit the project directly. You need to create change project. However change project can be created only in production system. This will create some activity list to the test system to which the production system is connected.

This works in differently when you have multiple test system sy eg. Dev, QA, UAT etc

Note: Production system can be connected with only one test system.

Reply: Like Ankur mentioned in the above thread,  you can use Output Settings and configure email or printer etc.. if you want notification, Try if workflow rules satisfies your need. Based on the status you can send the email notification.

Reply: You can restrict using sales or service organization say eg. If you want to restrict the access to surveys you can do this by assigning a sales or a service organization to the survey. If you are talking about attachments then I doubt that option.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur and Sathya,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Can you please clarify me on the following:

=> In my case "Sales Document" tab for an Opportunity is missing. Please refer to the below screenshot (how can I configure that?):

=>  In a Sales Quote, under Sales Document tab, click on the Action button and then click 'Edit Output Settings'. Under 'Output Details' tab under 'Send By' drop down, select 'E-mail'. After performing these actions, if I will click "Apply", then is it like the E-mail will be sent automatically to the recipient?

I would like to know one more thing, when I migrate contents from my Test to Production system, basically what I have to re-create again in my Production system (is all the settings/configuration and data will be moved to the system)?

Please suggest.

Thanks!

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kim,

=> In my case "Sales Document" tab for an Opportunity is missing. Please refer to the below screenshot (how can I configure that?):

=>>  If the tab is not available for your ID, you should go to KUT tool or ADAPT option and make it visible through ADAPT.

After performing these actions, if I will click "Apply", then is it like the E-mail will be sent automatically to the recipient?

=>> In the fine tune Activity, you should go to the activity 'E-mail and Fax Settings'. Provide the allowed domain, ex: company.com (where company is the domain name of the E-mail server). also, there is an option to test sending an Outbound email. Perform this test from this activity and you shold get a success message. Once this is done, your system will be able to send out e-mails to the recipients whose e-mail Ids are maintained in C4C.

I would like to know one more thing, when I migrate contents from my Test to Production system, basically what I have to re-create again in my Production system (is all the settings/configuration and data will be moved to the system)?

=>> When you go to any Project activity, be it PREPARE, FineTune etc, each activity lists several activities and there are couple of columns there. Look for the column which says 'Repetition Required' - If an Activity has a YES for it in this 'Repetition Required' against it, then that activity will have to be performed in Production tenant again.

Hope this answers all your queries.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks again for your acknowledgment.

Can you please elaborate a bit more of the below point:

=>>  If the tab is not available for your ID, you should go to KUT tool or ADAPT option and make it visible through ADAPT.

I will be grateful if you can suggest me the steps to achieve the requirement.

Best Regards!

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kim,

Here are the steps:

1. Go to ADAPT button as shown below after logging in C4C (You should have admin access - Assign 'flexibility change Log' under Workcenter view access if you do not see ADAPT button for your ID). Click on 'EDIT Master Layout:'

2. Hover your mouse on the dots and click on the '+' encircled:

3. Check the 'Sales Document' option and click Apply:

4. After clicking 'Apply', go to the ADAPT option again and click on 'End Layout Changes':

You should now see the 'Sales Document' tab. If it does not come immediately, just come out of the Oppoortunity and then go back in again.

Hope this is helpful.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

If possible, can you please help me by suggesting for the below thread:

Thanks !

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos