cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding TR info??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I need to ask abt the TR.I had send a TR to QAS,which were having a Func GRP with 3 obj(FM),than I send a diff TR with the same Fucn GRP with 8 obj(FM),in QAS the Func GRP with all the FM(OBJ) were sucessfully transported.

But than I re-transpoted a TR of some other development,which alos contains the same Func GRP but with only 2 obj(FM).So when it was transpted to QAS,it had removed all the other FM of that GRP,due to which my all other devlopmnts stoped working?

Can one plz expain me the process behind it?I was quite surprised by this?My all latest FM got vanish,& now my Func GRP in QAS just contians the one old FM.

Plz explain me the logic behind this,I had the same Fucn GRP same transpoted in all TR.

what shd I do so solve this?

Even,one thing I noted that,in my 1 TR,which I retranspoted,contans 2 FM,in which 1 Fm is not there in the Func GRP with all the latest FM,one 1 is there?

even I beleive if to the same Fucn GRP when other new FM are made,they are just added to tht,with all the previous FM.

so I was also quite amazed by this?plz tell me ,what is the prob?

Regds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Per my understanding, TR can not lock FM one by one, it will lock the main program of the FM group. That is, if you included 1 FM in a TR, it will include the whole program of the FM group.

My suggestion is, you can create a new TR which includes the FM group only and transport.

BTW, you can also modify the object list of the TR manually, when you only include the FMs without the FM group, while the TR is released, there will be a warning message: Not all objects are locked in the TR.

Hope this could help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had alwys added my Func GRP in my TR whcih contains the Reprot code,so each time if i used either 2 or 3 FM,i generaly add the whole fucn GRP to the TR.& when I released it form dev,its shows Tr contains lock object.

Even in the QAs,I alwasy see the whole Fucn GRP with all the FM.

even the last time,I had transpoted the whole Func GRP only in 1 seperate dedicated TR,& it was sucessfuly there in QAS.

But now,when i had re-transpoted a TR(initial one,most old) which has this fucn grp with only 2-3 FM,it had refreshed the Fucn GRP,& now my this func GRP on QAs just contains the 2-3 FM.

Though I am amazed,why it had happend.?

Answers (0)