We have CRM 4.0 working on our client system. Why should they upgrade from CRM 4.0 to CRM 7.0 ?
A few reasons that I can think of are :
1) SAP will not support CRM 4.0 -
But they can get maintenance support from SAP although at a higher cost
2) CRM WebClient - fast and easy to configure and maintain -
but this is not so convincing a reason that they should upgrade and then almost implement whole of CRM again. They already have Portal.
3) Some new functionality added by SAP in the newer versions-----That is good but their business is working good with the existing functionality of CRM 4.0
Please provide some compelling reasons so that we can ask our client to go for upgrade.
Thanks in advance.
Although your customer happy with the functions in CRM 4.0, and they are willing to pay extra money for extended maintenance fee. SAP will end the support of CRM 4.0 sooner for later.
Other reasons I could mention:
1. if there is Java stack then the support of jave stack and the jdk version 1.3.1 is ended.
2. CRM architecture was changed since CRM 6.0 and and 7.0 provided New tools and assistants simplify, standardize, and reduce development effort significantly, i.e. less code development, more flexible customizing. From this prospective, 7.0 is the investment safe release for long-term
3. Enhancement of existing functions, details can be found in CRM 7.0 Release notes
4. If you use compoenent like TREX, definately you will be benefit from newer version, stable, faster etc.
There should be a lot, and you can order upgrade value proposition service from SAP for formal evaluation.