cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCUI: Changing screen structure dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to change screen structure dynamically, i.e based on the input need to display details of corresponding structure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun ,

I am not too sure what your question means .If you want to change fields dynamically then screen-variants are

a good way to do it.

If you want to change the entire structure itself for the same ROLE then you can try a viewswitch which combines several tab pages .

More details about this is available ib the PCUI cookbook.

(Implementing People-Centric User Interfaces with Business Server Pages and SAP Enterprise Portal).

An extract is given below -

To minimize the number of tabstrips, a so-called viewswitch is offered. This means that within one tab, multiple views are available and can be selected from a dropdown list in the toolbar. This viewswitch works in the same way as the tabs on a lower level. A viewswitch should be used for similar content, for example: Instead of using the three tabs Competitor Address, Competitor Products and Competitor Strategy, they can be combined to one viewswitch OPP_Competitor with the fields address, products, and strategy in the dropdown list box in the toolbar. The dropdown list box only appears if the viewswitch tab is active. To build a viewswitch, several tabs have to be combined to a viewswitch group.

Regards,

Satyadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is different, as u mentioned we can call based on the screen variants, the requirement is here that I need to call same tab page with different screen structure based on the object family . The problem with the screen variant that suppose today I am having 5 object families then i will make a configuration for 5 variants, but in future they may add one more object family again I need to change the configuration and model class, I want to avoid changes everytime.

Regards,

Arun Reddy Thummala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

There is possibly no way of achiving this in PC-UI to my knowledge. The whole PCUI framework isn't very adaptable but at the same time is very convinient to develop applications without focusing too much on UI development.

All the best and please let the forum know if you find any work arounds to this.

Regards, Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I am afraid this is not possible with PCUI .

But since there are different object families why don't you hide/show tab pages as required .The MAC methods can be manipulated to do that .

Regards,

Satyadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For changaing the screen structures dynamically, you can use the screen variant concept.

That is, application equal, event equal, and screen position equal, but different variant. It is used in special cases. For example, in the ODP a customer address should be displayed with different fields, depending on whether the customer is a company or a private person. Therefore two screen variants are used.

To set the proper variant you have to implement get_varaint method.

Please see the example pcfm_example18 for the detail understanding

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun, the example Swapna is mentioning is definately a good way to dynamically modify the screen structure. It becomes even more easy if you are able to assign the various views you create to separate portal roles. That is, if you are able to divide the various user groups into clearly definable groups. Tiest.