can any one clearly explain what is the difference between MAM and mobile service in CRM
1) Compatibility of Mobile Asset management(MAM) with SAP CRM-Service
3. Can we use this in mobile CRM or with ECC only?
4. To make it work with SAP CRM, what need to done?
I would like to clarify the major difference between the two Mobile applications:
1) MAM is a service application which works with the R/3. Which means it has all the major functionality of plant Maintenance and customer service which is supported by PLM or later now called EAM. (Enterprise Asset Management)
- MAM runs on Handheld devices and laptops too.
- MAM is based on the JSP/Java technology
- MAM runs on the netweaver middleware
2) CRM is a service application which works against the CRM backend. And the application has the crm service functions.
- CRM Mobile Service runs only on the Laptop.
- CRM Mobile Service is based on the .NET technology
- CRM Mobile Service runs on the CRM Middleware.
So to answer your question, due to these differences there exists NO compatibility of these two applications.
hope this clarifies or helps,