cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Languague transalation of Categorization Schema?

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to translate a Categorization schema (created in English) to different languages (eg: Spanish, French)? If yes, how?

And is it possible to create a categorization schema in different languages? how?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the Best Practices (CRM Teleservice (C33)) I've seen that it is possible to create copies of a categorization schema in order to have the translation in different languages for it. Otherwise, if I try to do this, a system message alerts me that the new schema OVERLAPS the existent one.

Can anybody help me?

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've the same problem:

I've created the subject profile, the catalog, the codes etc.

I've translated the codes from english to german in the sap GUI.

Then I've built the categorization schema from the web ui (with role IC_MANAGER).

For each node and sub-node of the schema, I've assigned

1) a Category

2) a Subject Code

when double clicking on the subject code, the system automatically associates a name to the category (the same text specified in the subject code).

I expected that the system whould have retrieved the names in english when the user is logged in english, in german when logged in german.

Otherwise, when logged in english the user is able to view the correct texts in the category fields;

when logged in german, instead, the fields of the categorization are blank.

Did I miss customizing?

Or should it be an error of the system?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepali,

It is possible to create Categorization Schema in other languages and it is also possible to have multi-language categorization schema. This will have to done through various configurations for Subject Profile/Code Code Group & profile and also doing appropriate settings while creating Categorization Schema in IC Manager Role.

Regards,

Deepak

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Could you please provide more details/steps how this can be done?

Thanks,

deepali_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to translate (English to Spanish) Catalog, Code and Code Groups via Goto>Translation option from the backend. But when I'm logging in Spanish language from the UI, the categories still appear in English language.

Is there anything needed to be done from the frontend? or any other customizing that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepali,

Can you please have a look at SAP Note 897333.

Regards,

Deepak