cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase width of Text Area in SRQM_NOTES component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to increase width of the notes in service request WEB UI screen.

I have enhanced SRQM_NOTES component and view SRQM_NOTES/ Text view. In this view i have redefined method GET_P_CONC_LINES.

But this redefinition is not working, But if  i delete this redefinition and put break point in "GET_P_CONC_LINES" method it is triggering.

Kindly help to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

i can see in runtime repository of SRQM_NOTES component an other component GSTEXT/Mainwindow is used...if u go to GSTEXT in runtime repository we can see View GSTEXT/List (default) is attached to Mainwindow...i am not sure but if u see the .HTM file of view and try to increase the width of text area there...just give it a try...hope it helps...

Regards

Himanshu Kapoor

praveen_kumar194
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check the enhancementset under which you have done the enhancement. same enhancement set shoul be active to use your enhancements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The enhancement set is active. Here my issue is the redefinition of method GET_P_CONC_LINES is not triggering. I have checked  BSPWD_CMP_C_REPL,   BSPWD_COMP_EXT and BSPWD_EHSET_ASGN for enhancement assignment all are fine.

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

I don't think you would be able to increase the width of the Notes section by redefining get_p of conc_lines.

Instead you should check on the viewset composition in (SRQM_INCIDENT_H or any other component where SRQM_NOTES is reused) which the view area specific to your notes view is assigned.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes vinod, It is to increase the space it occupies on the screen. Pls find screen shot below.

Thanks,

Selvakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess, you can increase the height of the text box using AET, but width can not be increased.

Thanks,

Kiran Vemula.

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- If you delete your redefinition you will avoid to be called, but you can't not avoid the standard GET_P_CONC_LINES  is called, is standard well unless that you redefine GET_P_CONC_LINES  again and don't call the super->GET_P_CONC_LINES  inside, but that doesn't make any sense, right?

2-  Like Vinod, I don't understand what do you want to acomplish, can you be more specific?

Cheers!

Luis

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

What do you mean by increasing the width of the notes, do you want to increase the space it occupy on screen ?

May be a screen shot will help us understand it better.

Did you enhance the respective context node before enhancing the get method ?

Regards

Vinod