cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing ACE in CRM 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anybody implemented ACE in CRM 2007, would it work with new Web UI.

Regards,

Karunakar.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, and it does work in CRM 2007

Madhusudank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Let me know your queries . we recently implemented ACE for CRM 2007 project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Gaurav ,

I have seen your messages posted on ACE, we too had the same problem. We were not able to find a way to debug the code in the run time for the ACE methods.

Can you please tell us how it can be acheived.

Regards,

Karunakar.

Madhusudank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well , Here is what i found out .

1) The ACE methods Gets called when you Activate the ACE Rights the first time .i.e You have set up a ACE Rule ->Right Newly and when you activate the

Right your Z classes gets called .

2) Later on You have made the changes to your Z classes . In this case we ran the Scheduler manually , and our Z classes gets called again.

Hope this is helpful to you . But the best way i found ( to save time and not to worry abt this unstable / buffered ACE ) i wrote a Z program and in the report called the methods of Z class in that particular order .

We still facing one issue , if you/anybody knows the solution that would be great .

Question :

1) Our Business Scenario :

Orders ( Say opportunities ) Should only be seen by

employees who have created them + Who have Employee responsible on Opportunity + Managers of the Employee responsible ( Head of the organization which ER belongs to ).

I have coded for the same and everything works fine initially .

But later on if i Change the Employee resp ( SAY ER1)

to Employe Resp ER2 in an opportunity what should happen is ER1 and his manager should NOT see this opportunity anymore and ER2 and his manager should start seeing this opportunity.

This should happen automatically , i mean as soon as i save the changed opportunity .

But this is not happening right now.

But if i run the scheduler again ( Manually ) it triggers the changes and everything looks fine.

Is this a normal behaviour ? or am i missing anything ..?

i have writtin the code in GET_ACTORS_FROM_OBJECT method also.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Things do not seem to happen quite instantatneously in ACE. If you need it urgently, all you need to do is to refresh the user context for a given user.

The refresh rate is also configurable.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first: it works in CRM 2007 and in Web UI.

But implementation is quite time consuming and complex as you have to develop your own rules.

About the update:

All ACE authorizations are stored in runtime tables ( e.g. CRM_ACE_***-GRP).

As far as i uinderstood it, the runtime values are stored into user buffers.

So when values are changed or created the ACE actors and their authorizations are not changed directly. First you need to update the runtime tables and change the buffer.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Please guide me on how to update the runtime tables and change the buffer? I am also facing some ACE refresh issue. My authorizations are based on role.But when I removed a user from that role, restrictions are still there for that user.ACE tables are not updated.How to do that manually?

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit