cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent modifying the same sales order in R/3 & CRM at the same time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

We are using CRM 5.0& R/3 4.6C. We have the middle set up. I have noticed that its possible to open the same sales order in R/3 and CRM in the change mode. I believe this could cause inconsistenices if the users modify the same order in different systems. Is there a standar way to prevent this from happening.

Is there something like a change lock like we have the distribution lock?

Anirudh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per OSS Note 705200 scenario X, Y and Z are supported with R/3 4.6C. Even if you use Scenario A, SAP wont support that. I would suggest sceario Z to be implemented. This would convert all the CRM order into R/3 order as soon as they are transferred to R/3. As a result the order can now only be modified in R/3 and all the changes would flow back into CRM maintaining the integrity between the systems.

Refer to OSS Note 541113 for details.

Regards,

Gaurav Gera

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per OSS Note: 888665

You can perform Scenario A settings to achieve the requirement, Here in if you open a document in R/3 you wil not be able to modify in CRM and vica Versa.

Best Regards,

Pratik Patel

<b>Reward with Points!</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I will reward points to both. Currently i think Scenario Z will solve my problem but we are due for an upgrade so so we will be moving to Scenario A.

Pratik, in note 888665 are you referring to the CrossSystemLock(CSL) that will solve the problem? Have you ever implemented and tested this? I just went to be sure it works.

Anirudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my current project, we have successfully implemented the scenario A with CSL and it is working perfectly. Using CSL, you can control the sales document changes in both the systems. Please go ahead and implement this scenario. Also let me know, if you want to know more on CSL.

<b>Do not forget to reward if it helps,</b>

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have rewarded points to all of you. Just out of curiosity is there a Similar lock that we can implement for Business Partner Maintenance too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can block the BP from being used in transactions. But, I dodn't think you can lock a BP from maintenance. You can control the maintenance by using some authorizations, so that only the user with right authorization can maintain the BP

<b>Do not forget to reward if it helps,</b>

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot perform the same locking mechanism with BP but ofcourse you can design it by triggering certain locking function modules in CRM/R/3 when BP is edited in R/3/CRM.

Best Regards,

Pratik Patel

<b>Reward with Points!</b>