cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we create custom order promotion action and how can we instance those actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can any one help me to create custom order promotion and action for delivery mode promotion and how and where can i call that action

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @Charles If i need the difference between cart value and promotion condition, like

"Spend another 44.50 USD to achieve free-shipping"

Wich would be the best practice to achieve this with the new promotion-engine? Will i have to implement a whole custom-promotion to achieve this small feature wich we had ootb with legacy-promotions?

best regards Joel

former_member357259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Yes, this small feature of showing how much more to spend to meet the promotion threshold is currently missing OOTB in v6.0 promotion engine. We are planning to add it in the upcoming releases with improved potential promotions.

Until then you would to custom implement the behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Charles Thanks Charles. But, Is there an OOTB way to use already defined delivery mode and make its value to zero using the 'Order Threshold Change Delivery Mode' ? Say, Next Day delivery costs 20$ usually. But when I apply a promotion it should cost 0$ and it should be reflected on the select delivery method page. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

former_member357259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not possible OOTB and also not the recommended approach. You can still implement a custom action to implement to the current delivery mode but its going to be complex.

former_member357259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Anirudh: There is already an OOTB promotion called 'Order threshold change delivery mode'. You can use it to change the delivery mode to free when the order is above $250

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi what if i want to extend the functionality of existing actions like freegift. How i am suppose to do that. I can find any class related to that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

: Hi Charles, what if the action is to make the deliverymode cost to zero if the order is above 250$?

former_member357259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Are you using the new promotion engine with 6.0?

There is already a 'change delivery mode' promotion action (both in new promotion engine and legacy promotions). What type of delivery mode promotion are you trying to implement?