cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are Actions Scheduled by System?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Gurus,

We have existing CRM contracts and have added a new Action to the existing Action profile for the contracts.

My issue is how to make this Action scheduled for execution by PPF? It seems the action is only scheduled when the contract is opened in Changed mode. The Action is then scheduled and can be seen/executed by PPF. However, we have few hundred thousand contracts and it would be very painful to change these many contracts just to schedule the action.

Any suggestions? Is there is report we can run which would schedule the action in the contracts?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks CRM Maven, but RSPPFPROCESS only picks up those actions for execution that have been scheduled. My issue is the action is not scheduled and hence does not comeup in RSPPFPROCESS.

Once the contract is opened in change mode, the action is scheduled and then can be seen by RSPPFPROCESS. However, if the contract is not touched, the action is not scheduled. in this case, RSPPFPROCESS is blank.

Any suggestions guys?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there start condition for action definition which you want to execute via report?

if yes then start condition should be True, then only u can see the action for that transaction number in sppfp tcode.

Regards,

Deven

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi nick

i suppose the problem is with your start condition,check in your action profiel whether there is any start or schedule condition ,i believe according to what u just said that only when open status is attained then the action is scheduled,

if you do not want such then why not u just eliminate that start or schedule condition

after you do that then just run that report in background as i suggested earlier too

because if there is no as such start condition the report will run every time you just create a service contratc.

i guess i have made myself pretty clear

still have any doub ts ,do revert back

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Gurus

I am trying to make sense of the printing using action definition and all, its not making sense to me at all.

I have defined my own Action Profile with Processing Type, External Communication as Assignment/Change Using Value Help in List.

Form Name: UDM_FICA_STRT_NOTIFICATION_INT

Form Type: Smart Forms

Format: FICA_DM_BCS

Personalisation Type: Recipient-Specific Variable Replacement

From there I created a Condition Configuration for my Action Profile, well I did not put any condition as I would like to create correspondence at anytime.

But my question is, when I am in my case, I create my correspondence, and the system informs me it had created the correspendece, Now from here at what point is the correspondence printed. Because after I do this no spool requests are created even after running the program RSPPFPROCESS, there are no spool request.

Thus my questio is at what point is the correspondence printed, or what ensures I can print, is there something wrong with my configuration. Do I have to set any conditions for printing, Please help!!!!1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see some confusion regarding my question.

Consider that all the conditions for Action scheduling are fullfilled. The contracts are already created and this is a brand new action created for existing contracts. There are 400,000 contracts which should now show this action as scheduled.

The issue is that unless you open the contract in change mode, the system does not schedule the action on the contract. Obviously, we do not want to open 400,000 contracts just to schedule the action.

Is there some report that checks which actions should be scheduled for which contract?

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Setup of Report variant for Batch Job to execute the action.

In transaction SE38, choose as report 'RSPPFPROCESS' and create a new variant with the following field values:

Application:

Action profile: <Enter the action profile)>

Action definition: <Enter the action definition)>

Time of Processing: 'Processing using selection report'

Check the checkbox for 'Processing Without Dialogue'.

Save your settings.

Afterwards schedule a batch job for this report variant with a periodicity that corresponds to the durations of the different contracts (may be once a day in your case).

Thanks

CRM Maven

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi nick

for ur purpose you can generate a report which will always run in background every time you create a contract but make sure which status you want so that action is triggerd,i mean is it with open status or any other status or every other status

besides with in the action instead of displaying it in toolbar option clieck it as scheduled immediately

it will also serve youe purpose

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To perform the schedule action in different status u hv to give different user status to that action profile in maintaing conditions. If u want to schedule the job automatically u hv to make configuration in SMTP. Ex if u want to fire the mail in every minute then the job has to schedule in SMTP server. If this helps assign points.

Thanks

Chinmaya