cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Center link on top right corner

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SAP CRM 7.0.

There is a help center link on the top right corner of SAP CRM 7.0 web ui.

But when I click on it it does nothing.

I assume I have to assign it an address or a URL?

Where can I assign the "Help Center" link in SAP CRM 7?

Thanks,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have 2 options:

If you want to change the logic of component which is caled, you can modify standard component's logic. URL is defined in component CRMCMP_HDR_STD in view GlobalFunctions. If you open GlobalFunctions.htm of that view, you will see the defintion for all links in the top right corner. If you want, you can change the logic here.

If want to active standard logic, the follow the approach described in the following blog: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/HowtoConfigureandEnableHelpCenterinWebUI

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert, I tried to do a F2 to get the component and when I did F2 it would not come up with the pop up.

How did you get the component name?

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't know exacly because I already knew for this component, because I made some modifications in it a few month ago for some other things that I wanted to change.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You need to use Tcode SR13 to do the settigs

We did on our current project where the help center link has been mapped to the clients sharepoint URL

rgds,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

The same requirement came to me and the customer asking to update URL in Help Center (: http://XXXX.YYYY.org.com/Services/XYServices/Help/XXXXXXXSupport/Pages/default.aspx.

I went to SR13 T.Code and made some settings. as per 1038204 sap note, but I want clarification on this.

Oould you please help me on below points.

1. for example when I add above link to help center can I know function I need to select Local File Server or Web Server?

I have choosen Web server and maintain server name and parth and not updated details in Local file server.

2. I have updated server details like XXXX.YYYY.org.com. can I know is this correct way which I have maintained?

3. can I know what path I need to provide in path row? and which file I need to update. Becuase I am not sure where customer has stored file path.

It would be great if you provide more inputs on this before updating the url in Help Center and if you have any step by step document, please send me this id: jagadeesh437 at yahoo dot in.

Thanks in Advance,

Best regards,

Jags