Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET_V Method is not called for custom field

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using CRM 7.0

I have enhanced component BT120H_CPL and added custom fields into view Details with AET. I am trying to implement search help which depends on another field. I have created V-GETTER for my field and tried to implement search help in this method. However, this method is not called in the program scope.

I have debugged the application and result is :

V_GETTER method GET_V_ZZAFLD00000D is created in class ZL_BT120H_C_DETAILS_CN00. It should be called from GET_V_S_EXT method but this method is called in class CL_BT120H_C_DETAILS_CN00 and exception occurs since GET_V_ZZAFLD00000D doesnu2019t exist in class CL_BT120H_C_DETAILS_CN00.

I tried similar scenario : add search help to existing field of another component. However I couldnu2019t able to run GET_V method again.

( It works when I write search help id in the AET but in this way I cannot pass import parameter to it )

Is there anything I am missing ? Thanks in advance for helps.

Regards

Abdul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arunprakash_karuppanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure these things.

In your context class(_CTXT), in the CREATE_* method relevant to your context node, make sure that your Z-class is being used to create the model(context node). Also ensure that the data type of page attributes in your view(.htm) is updated though this may not always be necessary.

Regards,

Arun Prakash

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for comments..

I checked your points and my Z-Class is used in both.

Strange thing is, it doesn't call my Z-Class for controller, it calls original class. I debugged also class at top levels. None of my Z-Classes are called. However I see Z-Class in the workbench.

Regards

Abdul.

arunprakash_karuppanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then, the next possible thing is checking the "enhancement set". Press F2 keeping the cursor on any field and check if the view is showing up as enhanced. Find this information under "Active Enhancement set" in the popup details. If this does not happen, then your enhanced view is not being used. You may want to check the COMPONENT_LOADING BADI if you are using more than one assignment set. You may also want to look at this WIKI.

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/HowToEnhanceaWebUIComponentinSAP+CRM]

Regards,

Arun Prakash

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot, you took me to the right point. I didn't see my view as enhanced on F2 popup. After some investigation, I created a record in BSPWDV_EHSET_ASG table and my problem solved.

Regards

Abdul.

Answers (0)