cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need IIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have CRM 2007 installed with trex and web dispatcher we are on the process of implementing internet sales and compliance management i have two queries

1) do i need an IIS to store the product catalog or trex does this JOB.

2) what is product catalog staging and trex staging how do we do that any documents on that.

Kindly provide some help.

Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) do i need an IIS to store the product catalog or trex does this JOB.

No need for any IIS. Catalog is defined and stored in the CRM system where as the indexes are maintained in the TREX

2) what is product catalog staging and trex staging how do we do that any documents on that.

See the features of the catalog and catalog staging. Catalog staging gives you an option to make changes to the catalog, index, publish and do realistic preview before making it active.

Publish Catalog <li>Initial and delta indexing of catalog data

<li>Every indexing leads to a new catalog variant version for each indexed catalog variant

Preview indexed Catalog

<li>After indexing, the new catalog variant version is in inactive state and can be previewed to check

completeness and correctness

<li>Realistic Preview via Web shop to preview the catalog as the customer will see the catalog

<li>Preview can be done using data (pricing and Knowledge Base) with a specific time stamp

<li>allows preview of future situation

Activate indexed Catalog Variant

<li>After activating, the new indexed catalog variant version will be used in the productive Web shop

<li>Before activating the newly indexed catalog variant version, an already existing active catalog variant

version will still be used in the productive Web shop

<li>No downtime of productive Web Shop during

catalog indexing and switching of index statuses