cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different coloured fields in BSP for IC...

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRM 4.0

We would like to have differently coloured fields in the BSP to indicate editable and non-editable fields. Does anyone know if there's any standard method for this?. Failing that, are there any example BSP's of this functionality within CRM 4.0, or examples generally?.

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Another way to get there is design your own BSP extension, as a copy of the IC extension you wish to modify, then copy or derive from the standard class that does the rendering, and change the rendering code, including possibly referencing a different stylesheet document/class. It would be nice if all you needed to do is change the CSS. Unfortunately, I have seen that it is not that simple... some attributes are hard-coded statements in the underlying BSP extensions that specify for example the color to be used if the item is required field. You may be better off using a completely different tag (as someone already suggested) - but would have to be sure your data is updated properly, and you may lose some functionality such as IC specific F4 help that is built into the standard IC BSP extensions.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there no way of controlling the colour within a BSP at all?.

Jas

former_member813607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason,

For mandatory fields marking them with '*' option is available with crm_ic tags if I remember correctly!. all you have to to that is set the "required" attribute = TRUE in the page for that particular input field.

If you really want to make it colourfull I think you can try some other tags/library and see. I am not sure!.

Regards, Sudeep..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. So what you're saying is that as long as all the editable fields are marked as mandatory then they will appear in a different colour to non-editable fields, is that correct?. My problem here is that not all editable fields will be mandatory. In the ideal world what I would like is for all the editable and non-editable fields to be shown in a different colour to each other, but, have control of that colour. However, if SAP controls this, then so be it.

We're using CRM 4.0 and at the moment both editable and non-ediable fields are in the same colour so it's confusing to the user as to which fields can be edited.

Jas

former_member813607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason,

I thought you are asking something else!, really sorry about that,

By the way now I am clear: you are asking the colour change between editable and non editable ( display only ) fields!.

Of course the editable input fields and non editable input fields should display in different colour. Normally the display only ( non editable ) fields will be grey in colour. If I remember correctly in SAP CRM 4.0 also it is there!.

Try running this application from different client system and see if you can any difference.

If by some reason your input fields looks similar for editable and non editable fields, just try to change the tags from crm_ic to htmlb or something else and see ( I am not sure this will work ).

Regards, Sudeep..