Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Product Categories (main+sub)

former_member191358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have create product maincategories with subcategories.

When I want to create a new product and I want to assign the maincategory + related subcategory I only have the possibility to fill in one of the category (maincategory or subcategory)

Why is there no option to have a seperate category field with main category and subcategory ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why would you want to do something like that? If you assign main category to material, that's fine -> No subcategory maintained. If you assign main category to material, System already knows its main category, so that's fine as well. What's missing?

former_member191358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why? If you can manage hierarchies in products it would be nice to show first the main category in one field and show the restricted subcategories in another field.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To show, yeah, that makes sense. What I've understood from your query at first glance was choosing both main category and subcategory while maintaining master data and storing both of them in material master, as this would be duplicating data.

If you'd like to see the main category in material master I guess you'll need some coding in SDK - creation of an association to product category might be needed.