cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM-ISA Customization advice needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sort of a dummy question, but I'm quite uncertain about this...

We have a CRM 4.0 ISA installation (on 640) which is to be customized. I have all relevant documents, build tools and stuff but one question remains, should I:

1. Change the original application provided by SAP (b2b) and deploy (and thus overwriting the installed one), or

2. Create a new application (e.g. b2b_fubar) and deploy it.

I find (2) to be the most logical way to go but then I don't understand how the new application should be made aware of the underlying CRM system to which it should communicate.

Is this configured in the application itself or is it something that is configured globally. Another quite possible option is that I have completely misunderstood the CRM concept, in this case, dear sirs and madams, please enlighten me

Regards

/Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

it doesn't matter if the application name is B2B or B2B_FUBAR. Even if you have two application they can be configured to use the same configuration and the same Backend System (CRM Server). This can be done thanks to the XCM tool.

On how to change the application name please check note 550619. It describes what needs to be changed so that the application name will be B2B_FUBAR.

The XCM configuration tool can be started with the following URL:

http://<host>:<port>/<application>/admin/xcm/init.do

There is one thing that you should be aware - there are different EAR files for the 6.20 Engine and for the 6.40 Engine. Be sure that you have downloaded the correct B2B.ear.

I hope that this will help you, otherwise please ask.

Cheers

Borislav

Message was edited by: Borislav Minkov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borislav, thanks for your reply!

What I'm trying to figure out is if I need some configuration files from the current installation in my modification project.

There already exists a B2B application on the server without any modifications done (that I know of). It does, however, point to our CRM system. I assume that if I just take the EAR file that I downloaded from Service Marketplace and redeploy it, the configuration that specifies the CRM system is lost.

Do I need to obtain the EAR file that is actually deployed to the server rather than the default SAP one and perform the customizations on that app?

I was kinda' hoping that the CRM Backend system data was configured globally so that I could use the default EAR file from SAP.

Thanks for the note, it was quite helpful even though changing the application name/context root is not a primary concern.

Regards

/Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

the configuration files are kept outside of the application folder and even after upgrading it the configuration will not get lost - that is the main idea behind the XCM tool.

If you deploy a new ear (or even the already deploy one) you have two possible answer:

- re-configure the new application

- or use the old configuration

To reconfigure the application you can just start the XCM took and proceed as you did with the first application.

If you want to use the same (old) configuration you can just change one line in the WEB.XML file of the new one and the new application will be pointed to use the configuration files of the old one. I hope that this was lear enough.

In other words, after you deploy the first application a new folder will be created and this folder will contain three XML files with all the application configuration: please check the following path <j2ee instance>sys/global/xcm/crm.b2b in case you deploy the standard b2b application.

If you deploy the next application (named b2b_fredrik) another folder will be generated: sys/global/xcm/crm.fredrik - this folder will contain the configuration of the newly deployed application. But as I said if you want to use the old b2b configuration please open the web.xml file of both application and check how are these sys/global/xcm paths maintained - just make sure that the customer.* parameter contains the same path as in the B2B web.xml.

After you restart the application you can use it.

cheers

Borislav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Boris, thanks for your excellent explanation, it' just what I needed to know.

/Fredrik

Answers (0)