cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDB and PCUI fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client had mobile client application running for which they use CDB tables. I am using these fields when customizing PCUI apps. They are working fine as per the simple tests I performed. Still I want to check with you guys is anyone have the same concern.

"Can we use CDB table fields when we customize PCUI applications?"

Advanced Thanks

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SumanthH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Murthy

CRM and CDB are two different data models.

As you have said CDB is used for a mobile scenarios.

Though these are integrated (including the customizing), it is not normal to use the CDB for PCUI customizing.

Can you tell me the business scenario for this? I can help you better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest,Sumanth and Vijay,

Here is the scenario. My client already had mobile client application (3.0). CRM functional consultant did the gap analysis between the existing mobile sales (3.0) and out of the box portal functionality (6.9 sp9 Business package). In his analysis he found out the fields that are missing in portal and found out what are the field names and tables in which they are present. So I thought of using the same fields in my PCUI scenario. I am enhancing the screen structures with customizing includes presented by SAP. one ex: CI_EEW_BUT000 for business partners search result structure. In the customizing include I am including these CDB fields. So far, I didnt have any problems, as a matter of fact I didn't do much testing. I did some basic testing, they are working fine. guys I really need your input.

One more thing Tiest, How are your test results came.

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murthy, what I am afraid of is what happens in case you replicate CDB info back into CRM and in the mean time updating a corresponding sales order. This is deemed to cause replication issues.

Personally, I would ask the consultant who did the mapping to which fields in the CRM Online application the missing fields in the portal map. Again, the data structure in CDB also exists in CRM online. Lemme know what you find out. Tiest.

vijayakm
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi surya,

I have forwarded your query to one of the IMS colleague,

hopefully you'll get some reply soon.

regards,

Vijaya Kumar M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murthy, as I stated in the other thread, what is the actual business reason of doing this. The CDB contains simplified structures based on the existing CRM datamodel. Changes in CRM automatically get reflected in the CDB. In stead of manipulating CDB fields through PC-UI, use the standard CRM functionality in stead. Tiest.