cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can email send outs be manageg regarding number of emails sent out at once?

valeskaibscher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

if I have a larger target group (e.g. 50k), can I somehow manage that those 50k emails are not sent out in one shot, but that the system automatically creates separate groups (e.g. 5x 10k) and sends them out with each 30 minutes or so?

Creating smaller target groups and setting up several campaigns with different execution times should not be the answer.

Thanks for your help!

Valeska

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

isathore
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Valeska,

There is no concrete plan yet, however, we are investigating if we could introduce delay on initial actions to avoid having all the initial actions executed at the same time. There is no influencer request yet on this, but we did receive feedback about it. You are welcome to post one. Note that we would not however offer the split of TG. This would have to be done using the filter mechanism on the action as mentioned above.

Best Regards

Isabelle

isathore
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Valeska,

I am sorry, I might have confused you. Initial email actions don't offer to be delayed yet (action right after the target group). It is only offered on follow up email actions. We are evaluating if we could eventually offer such possibilities to introduce delays between initial actions, but we don't have it yet. I rechecked and unfortunately, within one campaign, it is currently not really possible to do so :(.

Best Regards

Isabelle

valeskaibscher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

thanks for the clarification!

You write that SAP doesn't have it yet. Is it planned? Is there an existing influencer entry that I can vote for 🙂

Best regards,

Valeska

isathore
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Valeska,

There if no mechanism in SMC that let's you control the send out as you describe. What you could consider is to use filters on the email actions and create several parallel email actions in one campaign on which you set an advanced scheduling to introduce the delay. This would be to introduce a split in segmentation to distribute in smaller live TG that would be used as filters.

Filtering - SAP Help Portal | SAP Help Portal

Defining Filter Parameters - SAP Help Portal | SAP Help Portal

Scheduling Campaigns - SAP Help Portal | SAP Help Portal > Advanced Scheduling

Best Regards

Isabelle

valeskaibscher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

thanks for your help.

One more question:

1. Would it look like this? the action "send out email" in a row using filters and define the "wait" time. But I would expect that only those who received the first email could also receive the second one?

2. or would it look like this? with this I still do not know how I can schedule the different execution times

Best regards,

Valeska