cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caching the data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Some of the tiles in Mobile Sales take muchhh time to load either because of huge data or the tile controls..

Have anyone of you tried fixing this issue with caching the bcols/any other data objects or caching the tile controls or any other optimization techniques?

Please let me know if you have tried any. It would be of great help.

Thanks in advance!

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as long as the user doesn't navigate out of the business component all loaded business objects will be cached anyway so there is no need for you to do so.

Did you already check with the MSSQL profiler whether there are indices missing in the DB?

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Wolfhard for your response..

Yeah..thats true, that if we are within the same business component, it caches the already visited object's data.. but the scope of it is very less and if the user keeps navigating between the business components, it doesnt help much.

Regarding the indices, yes, we have got all the indices in place..but i'm wondering now, whether the performance of the queries are slow because of more number of indices there and i'm checking for the db optimization techniques that would suit our appln now...

Please let me know if you have some useful tips on the same...

Thanks a lot...

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

of course you could use the UDD (User Data Dictionary) to store and read data like Business Objects or Collections.

Check the standard code for

###############################################################

gServices.BOL.UserDataDictionary.Getdata resp .PutData resp .ExistsData

###############################################################

then you know how to store, check and read data from the UDD.

Of course you need to be very carefully not to screw up the memory...;-))

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Wolfhard...

Reg. UDD, yes..thats a good option...even i was thinking of it...But the main issue is, most of the longest running queries are because of anchor related queries or the bdoc related queries,which are more of framework related and cant be controlled throu code behind(got to know it...after some analysis on the existing codebase..).

So not getting a clear idea on which way to go for..Please let me know if you have any idea about it..

Thanks Again!

Priya

Edited by: priya venugopal on Mar 27, 2009 11:51 AM

Answers (0)