cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML-RPC protocol and XIF Adapter

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Within CRM (no XI available) we need to generate business transaction by consuming two predefined webservices X and Y that use XML-RPC protocol for communication, no SOAP.

- Webservice X has input parameter 'today's date' and returns a list of 'external order numbers' created today.

- Webservice Y has input parameter 'external order number' and returns the transaction details.

Any suggestions on how to build the application that does the job and if I can use the XIF adapter since we do not use SOAP framework.

Regards,

Erik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

My idea is was indeed that I first needed to develop some code to consume these webservices that use the XML-RPC protocol. I didn't find any documentation sofar how to consume these type of services since most of the documentation on consuming webservices are focusing on the SOAP protocol.

Secondly, as also suggested by you, I need to perform a mapping/transformation of the response of the webservice (orderdetails) into XML/SOAP in order to be able to call the XIF adapter. No clue on how to achieve this without XI or other messaging system.

Any suggestions on these topics?

Also I learned today that it is very likely that some additional validations and transformation are required before calling the XIF adapter, like does the business partner exist in CRM&convert product numbers. This might call for a slightly different solution direction by calling XIF adapter over ALE/iDOC instead of XML/SOAP once validations have been carried out. This solution direction would take away the need of XML message mapping/transformation. You could code in ABAP the transformation of the response message into the Idoc CRMXIF_ORDER_SAVE_M message format in ABAP. Nevertheless it is very good to have an idea on how to achieve message mapping/transformation from XML-RPC into XML/SOAP.

Best Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

using a validation function & then move towards idocs is a good idea, but not entirely necessary: you could implement a validation function that would process the XML before the actual Bdoc validation. This way, a negative response would be given to the application sending the xml.

Calling the xif adapter should be possible without an XI on a BC. If your application succeeds in creating the XML, the posting shouldn't be to difficult.

You can actually post the XML to the server using a browser window.

Michael.

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The webservices indeed already exist and the agreed protocol in XML-RPC (more parties are consuming these services.

Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see,

so the idea would be to consume the webservices, constructu the transaction from them and then post it to the CRM using the XIF.

This is possible, but XIF uses a SOAP protocol: you need to post the XML to the CRM server in a SOAP envelope. For testing I always use a SOAP client.

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I don't quite understand,

do these web service already exist (externally to CRM)? Or is it your idea to build them using the XIF?

Michael.