cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would ProductCatalog sync with Force Update selected completely remove all instances of a custom item type from the DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using BundleTemplates and have created a custom item type and a relation between BundleTemplates and my item type. When I do a product catalog sync without Force Update selected, these custom items are not removed. When I run the sync with Force Update selected, the items get completely removed from the system. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to solve this by making my custom item type catalog aware in the following way:

<itemtype code="MyCustomItemType"
                          autocreate="true" generate="true"
                          jaloclass="myJaloDir"
                          extends="GenericItem">
                 <deployment table="MyDeplTable" typecode="31003" />
                 <custom-properties>
                     <property name="catalogItemType"><value>java.lang.Boolean.TRUE</value></property>
                     <property name="catalogVersionAttributeQualifier"><value>"catalogVersion"</value></property>
                     <property name="uniqueKeyAttributeQualifier"><value>"code"</value></property>
                 </custom-properties>
                 <attributes>
                     <attribute qualifier="code" type="java.lang.String">
                         <modifiers read="true" write="true" search="true" optional="false" unique="true"/>
                         <persistence type="property"/>
                     </attribute>
                     <attribute qualifier="catalogVersion" type="CatalogVersion">
                         <description>Catalog Version</description>
                         <modifiers read="true" write="true" search="true" optional="false" unique="true"/>
                         <persistence type="property"/>
                     </attribute>
                 </attributes>
             </itemtype>

Answers (0)