cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find R3 Backend Methods?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a custom B2B Application from the How_To_Create_Custom_App_ECO5200 Guide. I need to extend the SD Order but we are working with an ERP backend and I cant find the performCustExitBeforeR3Call Method described in the ISA Development Guide. I mostly find CRM methods starting with crm*

Actually I am wondering on how to edit the standard java source anyway because all I see are the referenced class Files in the home/shr/ext project.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

edit: The SHRJAV SDA didnt contain any sources thats why I referenced it as a required / non developed component.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The java source code is also available there.

Ok lets make it more simple.Lets us suppose, you have any java class and in that class below is the import.

import com.sap.isa.businessobject.ShipTo;

So now if you want to see the code for ShipTo.java than just press ctrl key and press mouse left click once.

This will directly reach you to the source code for ShipTo file.

But if you want to make any modification to the standard code than as per my understanding the best approach is

to create a custom java class and copy the code of standard class into it and than make the modifications.

Like suppose if you want to modify ShipTo.java than create a new custom java class Z_ShipTo.java and copy the code

of ShipTo.java to it and than make the modifications.

If you want the complete standard java codebase than go to your server deployment path for your standard application which would be something like D:\usr\sap\SBX\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\crm~b2b

If you click on crm~b2b folder there you will find src.zip. This src.zip is the standard java source code for all the java classes, here you will find .java files.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Arshi

Edited by: Arshi Arshi on Aug 28, 2009 9:34 AM

Edited by: Arshi Arshi on Aug 28, 2009 10:41 AM

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I prefer extending the standard java class rather than copying each and everything.

The reason being that the same standard java class may be called by another standard class.

In that case you may fit into a situation where the custom class may not be called.

I suggest, to better copy paste a specific method and then modify the same.

Also i would like to add rather then extending just one class modify the complete flow this will make you understand and put the logic better. Otherwise it would be really painful to debug and understand where should you fit in the modification.

Hope it adds value.

Regards,

Prashil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashil,

I agree to you, actually so far now in my little experience I have modified standard action classes only and for that I always make a Z of it and I still find it as the best way.While answering Stefan I had those action classes only in my mind but by mistake above I have given an example of a BO class.

Thanks for correcting me, Prashil.

Regards,

Arshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

yes that was very helpful. I finally found the standard java code. We are currently experimenting with it. Do I need to "register" a new action class somewhere other than config.xml where I made a new action mapping. We are currently having trouble with the session suddenly being destroyed when I call the action but it could have different reasons. I dont see any log output from the action, I will further investigate

greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You dont need to register the new action class anyplace except config.xml file.

Register process is for new business object managers and new backend objects

only and thats done in bom-config.xml and backendobject-config.xml files respectively.

Regards,

Arshi

Answers (0)