cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is best way to implement the facet display name (A to Z) for lexical sorting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implement in my web shop the facet which can filter the products in a section via their first letter in product names. For example like here: A to Z - A to D (3) - E to H (1) - I to M (2) - N to S (4) - T to Z (0)

If I klick on "A -D", I should get the sorted list of products containing names beginning with letters A, B, C or D.

What ist the best way t do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thank you for the fast answer. You have described how to define the additional sort (Name A -Z) for all products. But I need a filter for product names.

I defined the facet "Name A -Z" with the list "A-D", "E-H", "I-M", "N-S" and "T-Z". If I click on "A-D" then I want to have only the products with name beginning by A,B,C or D. I think I have to implement own ValueProvider for solr something like productNameVlueProvider. But I am not sure, maybe hybris has a similar ValueProvider which I can use?

VinayKumarS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ira,

If you are using out of the box feature. go to backoffice -> index type -> select the product index. goto Solr Sort. and create a new Solr Sort. By default the solr is configured on name. \

select index type, give code and name value as "Name ( A-Z)"

Go to fields.. select name. ascending as tru. Save. Run the solr indexing.