cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a simple CTI in sales scenario without ICWebClient?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I hope you can help me with my issue. We´ve already implemented a sales scenario and the only thing we want to add is a simple inbound and outbound telephone integration in the same scenario.

Regarding the inbound calls, we just want to get a number to identify the customer in order to show the detailed view or factsheet.

Vice verse we want to give a call via clicking on the telephone number in the crm application.

So, is there one who had the same issue/requirement and got a simple solution for it?

Is it basically applicable? Or do you have an idea how to do so in another way?

Note: we dont want to use ICWebClient.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Marcus.

What do you mean under 'simple' solution? You'll need to have CMS/CTI anyway.

Within SAP CRM you can use so-called CEBP - Communication Enabled Business Processes. It allows users use communication (as an example: phone) functionality in ordinary business roles. Not in IC roles.

You can get an overview in the blog post  Communication Enabled Business Processes with SAP CRM 7.0. Also please refer to help topic Communication Management Software.

Hope this will help you.

If you have father questions - ready to answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

for sure I know I´ll need to have CMS/CTI.

The thing is, I dont want to use the IC WebClient.

I just want to open the factsheet or detail view from a customer if the agent receives an inbound call from him. and very important - that should be take place in SALES scenario.

I will check your links. Thank you very much!

Marcus

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right.

CEBP is designed exactly to embed telephone functionality in pure Sales/Service/Marketing processes.