cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding campaign performance KPIs

LukeSybit
Participant

Dear MKT Cloud experts,

I have a some questions for you, because in all official marketing cloud guides I didn´t find any answer.

1.) What is the exact difference between KPIs "rejected" and "E-Mail complaint"?

2.) When will the "Opened Messages" KPI will be triggered or increased in campaign perfomance? In Outlook e.g. I have the possibility to look into a preview of a E-Mail. Normally no images in preview will be load. If I want to see images included in a E-Mail than I have to click on the necessary button above the header of a E-Mail. On the other hand I am able to double click a E-Mail in inbox, top open that E-Mail in fullscreen. Will only a opened E-Mail will count a opend, of all included messages will be display (because of the invisible pixel)?

3.) What will be measured in KPI "Unique clicks"? The links included in a E-Mail or is there a dependency with opened messages?

4.) Is the "Click-Through-Rate" the same as a reactivity rate or is that something different?

5.) If I monitor the campaign success in segmentation I do have another question. If I build a segment for a particular campaign based on interaction "click-through", I can see that 73 contacts within this campaign do have this interaction. If I want to see the distribution of clicked links, I can see that the systems calculates 86 contacts who clicked on the different links. How is that difference possible? Any idea?

Thanks for helping me out, and if someone got a tip where I can see overall documentation or explanation about campaign KPIs perfomance of SAP Marketing Cloud, I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Lukas

View Entire Topic
biamat
Explorer

Hi Lukas,

You can reference this help document for the full list of campaign performance measures and dimensions with their respective definitions:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/0f9408e4921e4ba3bb4a7a1f75f837a7/2111.500/en-US/1d37919ca25f4f20b270d1f6...

With regard to the "Opened Messages" KPI and how it is generated when users interact with their email (click) without downloading the images, there is a rule in place that when a CLICK THROUGH interaction is registered, an EMAIL OPENED one is created automatically. Please refer to the following document: https://help.sap.com/viewer/b88f770e4b7c4ecead5477e7a6c7b8f7/2111.500/en-US/7b5b597155f94ef0a8cc47f1...

Hope this helps with your questions.

Thanks,

Bianca

0 Kudos

Hi Bianca, those links no longer work. Is there somewhere else we can find the definitions? I am concerned that SAP MC calculates the open rate based on opens not UNIQUE opens but I cannot find this anywhere.

isathore
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gina,

Correct links are

Campaign Performance Measures and Dimensions | SAP Help Portal

Clicking Links in Emails and Opening Emails | SAP Help Portal

As per the documentation in the 2nd link "The system only creates one interaction data record with the type EMAIL_OPENED regardless of how often the email is opened."

Best Regards

Isabelle