Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Creation from Social Media for Individual Customer and Contacts

Manjunath_KS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Ticket creation from Social media is a feature in C4C. For individual customer the social media profile is the identification factor to create a ticket and an individual customer, when the message comes for the first time through the social media channel.

i wanted to understand the system behavior in below 2 scenarios.

1. When the individual customer is already in created in the system but it wasn't through the social media channel. Again when there is a new post from the same customer who is existing in the system but doesn't have a social profile, there is a new individual customer created. this leads to duplication of the master data. How to avoid this situation of duplication?

2. I can see the social profile section in the Contact master. But how can we link the social profile to this contact and ticket to this contact which in turn is connected to a Cutsomer/Account, so the ticket can be created with reference to the account and is identified as the customer in the ticket. There is no clear explanation for the above scenario. can you please let me know about both the above scenarios.

Thanks & Regards

K S Manjunath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello manjunath.kadaba,

We're facing the same problem, Could you please let's know on how did you tackle this issue?

Thanks,

Siddu

sandeephebbar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

You can refer to KBA https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2615048, which answers your query.

Regards,
Sandeep

Manjunath_KS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the response. Though the Social media integration feature is available, but it still has to evolve to meet the practical expectations of customer.

For instance please find the below scenario with respect to Contact:

1. For example there is a customer "ABC" who has a contact "Mr.X" in C4C. Now if Mr. X posts form his Twitter/FB page on the Companies Twitter/FB page, Mr.X will be created as an Individual customer in C4C. Now if i have to merge Mr. X individual customer created through social media to Mr. X contact, this is not possible.

2. If Mr.E is an individual customer already existing in C4C but hasn't got social profile, when Mr.E if posts something from FB/Twitter, it will create another individual customer in C4C. It would be practically impossible to merge every customer manually if the number of customer are more.

Do we have any way of accomplishing point 1 and in a better was to accomplish point 2?

Thanks & Regards

K S Manjunath