Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target group modeling, intersection differences

former_member710155
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon experts

I have an inquiry for you.

During segmentation if I intersect two segments and then generate a target group, I obtain a number of X BPs.

If I generate two target groups (from the same two segments) and then intersect them, I get a number of Y BPs.

Why is there a difference?

The first model seems to be the correct one at least in some cases.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally TG should be intersected and not segments. Intersection search for common entries in two segments or TGs. When TGs are intersected system gives common BPs in it. But when segments are intersected new segment will have only common attribute and so there is difference in count.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member710155
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon Nikhil

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am not sure I fully understand your message. It’s also possible I wasn’t that precise when explaining.

So I have the two cases:

a  I apply one segmentation criteria on a segmentation base, I obtain one segment, on this segment I apply a second criteria with option Keep, I generate the target group, let’s say I get 50 BPs

b I apply one segmentation criteria on a segmentation base, I obtain one segment, I generate a target group.  I now apply a second criteria on the segmentation base and I obtain another segment, I generate a target group. Next I intersect these two target groups, and I get let’s say 60 BPs.

Is this correct?

Referring to you answer, If separate target groups should be generated for each criteria in order to perform intersection afterwards, why can several criteria be applied on a segment? It’s also not that user friendly given the extra clicks.

Best regards

Razvan Zainea

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Razvan,

For both the scenarios you have mentioned above, the result should match. In both cases only the BPs satisfying the values for both the filters should be generated. The operation performed in both the scenarios is Intersection ( Bps having value X AND Y).

So, I think you should raise an OSS as there may be a note to correct the issue..

Thanks,

Apoorv Dhawan

former_member710155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Apoorv

Thank you for your reply.

I'm now heading towards sap notes.

Marking your answer as helpful until approach is confirmed.

Best regards

Razvan Zainea

former_member710155
Participant
0 Kudos

Got answer fromSAP.

We will implement a series of notes.

I will return with results.

Razvan Zainea

Answers (0)