Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step by step procedure for Replicating R/3 Table data to CRM

former_member205429
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can any one pls let me know step by step approach to replicate the Ztable data from R/3 to CRM ..

i set up RFC connections between R/3 and CRM.

can any one pls let me know the procedure...

kindly help !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I'm not sure that the Link Rohan posted is what you are looking. Below I summarized the steps I used to replicate data from IS-U to CRM using a custom BDoc.

Steps in CRM

1. Create structures for the custom BDoc in CRM.
      • *_DATA ⇒ containing data to be exchanged
      • *_ROOT ⇒ the root structure for the extension part of the BDoc. This structure needs to contains a TASK element (type BUS_EI_OBJECT_TASK) and the *_DATA element
      • An table type with the *_ROOT as the line type
      • *_EXTENSION structure containing the table type ⇒ this is the structure for the extension part of the Bdoc
    2. Model the custom BDoc using transaction SBDM
      • Create a new BDoc using *_EXTENSION as general data
      • Create the classical root part of the BDoc. Simply take a look a t an existing BDoc to see which fields are necessary.
    3. Configure mapping from BAPI container format (BAPIMTCS) into BDocstructure
      • Create an adapter object via transaction R3AC3
      • Implement the necessary mapping function module
    4. Customize the data flow
      • Use transaction SMW3FDIF to customize a validation class for the new BDoc type
      • Implement the validation function
    5. Generate the services using the transaction SMOGGEN

Steps in IS-U

1. Create data structures corresponding to the ones in CRM (only for the *_DATA part of the CRM structures)
  2. Implement a function module that maps data in this structure to the BAPIMTCS format and send the data to CRM
    • Data is send via the function module CRS_SEND_TO_SERVER using the defined message an object classes.

Best,

Christian

former_member205429
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Christian,

Thanks for the inputs..

Can u pls let me know whether the steps i got are correct..

1. Prepare Ztable in R/3

2. Prepare Ztable in CRM

3. in CRM, Using Call Function XYZ destination PQR, call the R/3 Function Module and

get the data from R/3.

4. in R/3, create a Function module( Remote enabled ) to extract the data..

i was told that these steps would be enough to migrate a ztable data.,

Pls correct me in case of any deviation...

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

if you just want to get Data from IS-U to CRM your approach would also be possible.

The best solution depends heavily on your requirements. Do you just want to get the data once or in regular intervals? Do you want to update CRM whenever data changes in IS-U or not? Is the data related to some business Object. Which tools would you like to use to monitor the exchange?

If you just want to get the data one or in regular interval using a batch report the remote function module could be sufficient. However, you would most likely always need to read the whole table. If you want to synchronize the tables whenever data changes IS-U the approach via CRM middleware and BDocs might be better suited.

Best,

Christian

former_member205429
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You Christian...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

i guess R/3 means you are talking about replicating data from ERP to CRM, if this is the case then  refer to this doc link i pasted below,  you'll get length and breadth of info in it....

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2...

Thanks & Regards

Rohan