cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution search in IC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All.

Is SAF mandatory for any kind of solution search in IC?

If you don't want to perform searching on several different items and files etc, do you still require SAF/ TREX?

If all you need is just a simple solution search within SAP CRM, can we do without SAF / TREX?

Regards

Pallav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pallav,

As far my reading from help.sap.com

i found this....

No separate installation of the SAF is necessary. However, Search and Classification (TREX) - specifically the TREX search engine and text mining engine - is a required component of the SAF. Install TREX 6.1 with RFC connection. See Installing Retrieval and Classification (TREX) in a Non-Portal Environment. This installation guide is available at service.sap.com/epinstall ® EP 6.0 ®Installation.

Hence i think even though if you are not implementing TREX component ...you shud have it installed...

But in practical scenario Julius's solution may be perfect..

Siva.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pallavi,

I believe SAF settings ware required. But I dont think you need TREX. In one of my prev projects I implemented simple FAQS in SAP GUI (i.e. problems and solutions) and that too without TREX in place.

Initially I did not maintain the SAF settings and was getting short dumps (errors). Once I maintained the basic settings in SPRO w.r.t SAF, it started working smoothly.

So I believe TREX installation is not a obligatory.

Hope this helps solve your issue.

Julius