cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC How to support paper correspondence and increase no of characters in custom text field

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Besides email campaigns I need to support a campaign process that includes prints.

In SAP Marketing Cloud I create a campaign with a file export for label printing and in addition the creation of a taks in order register the interaction.

As call center agents need to have insight in the content that is shared with the customer, I need to store information with regards to the message sent, especially when it concerns a letter.

In the campaign description and task description and notes I can add some text but the number of text I can enter is very limited: 170 characters.

I also tried to create a custom field of type Text, the number of characters has a maximum of 500

Is there a way to increase the number of characters? Or has any body a creative suggestion

Kr.

MJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor

Hi Kunal,

I experimented with another approach. I stored the content sent to the customer in pdf on a SharePoint. In my campaign and task to be generated I added the URL. So that if replicated the agent could open the URL in the individual customer, via the campaign tab from the marketing campaign or tasks.

Unfortunately adding an URL into the campaign description in SAP Marketing Cloud is not formatted as an URL, so it stays plain text and cannot be started as such when it is replicated to SAP Cloud for Customer. Is this 'works as designed' or is there some how a way to make this happen?

Would this be an interesting topic for influence? adding URL links in text fields (description, notes)?

Kr.

MJ

KunalBansal
Active Contributor

Hi MJ,

In my opinion, you are on right track!

About the character limit, that's standard design, you may submit an influnece idea otherwise.

best regards,

Kunal

BACKESSI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Known limitation.