cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment Contacts on Corporate Account Sales Data

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor

Hi Community,

I would like to segment Contacts based on the ERP Sales Order volume of the Corporate Account. When a Sales Order is replicated from SAP ERP, an interaction of type SALES_ORDER is assigned to the Corporate Account in SAP Marketing Cloud.

Which attribute of which Data Source do I have to use to segment for the Amount and Quantity of the Sales Orders of the corresponding Corporate Account?

In the Sales Data attribute group only Interactions of the Contacts themselves are considered (e.g. of an Opportunity that is assigned to the Contact).

I already read https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2829852 and for the SAP_CE_IC_COMPANY_SALES_DATA Data Source the successor is SAP_CE_PRODUCT_RELATED_IA_KF and that AMOUNT_CC attribute is the one that is already in use in segmentation (but does not consider the Corporate Account sales orders).

BR Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christof_sommer
Advisor
Advisor

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for posting the improvement request. The requirement to segment contacts based on their account's sales data hasn't indeed yet requested by other customers. However, we acknowledge its importance and validity and will consider it in our planning.

Regarding your question about modeling a custom view for this purpose: Custom views for segmentation is a very powerful method to implement basically everything that is not provided by SAP's standard content. It is very well possible to create a custom view that exposes the amounts from the account interactions. However, you have to be aware that the process of creating, testing and productively using custom views is very complex, time consuming and error prone. Furthermore, with custom views you deviate from the standard and thus won't benefit from functional and performance improvements of the delivered content. In addition errors in modeling of the custom views are not in scope of SAP standard content. Therefore our guidance is always to avoid the usage of custom views whenever possible.

Best regards,

Christof Sommer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christof_sommer
Advisor
Advisor

Dear Tobias,

We understand your question on how to get the interaction amounts (i.e. sales data) of the corporate account related to the contacts within the contacts segmentation object.

Unfortunately, there is currently no standard way to segment on this information. The data source SAP_CE_IC_COMPANY_SALES_DATA you mentioned seemed to have exactly this as purpose. However, it never worked correctly and thus was not used by our customers as well. As a consequence we set it to obsolete quite some time ago.

Today we don't have this functionality as new feature in our planning as it was not requested by any customer. If you have the need to segment on account related sales data we recommend to open an influence request on influence.sap.com.

Best regards,
Christof Sommer
SAP Marketing Cloud

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor

Hi Christof,

thanks for your feedback. To be honest I'm a little confused and shocked... in my opinion this is the main reason why customers would integrate SAP Marketing Cloud with SAP ERP or S/4HANA... to build target groups e.g. based on their Sales volume.

If something doesn't work correctly I think the better way would have been to correct it instead of setting it to obsolete... but I know it's often easier said than done.

However. Do you know if it would be possible to model a Custom View to get e.g. the AMOUNT of the SALES ORDER Interaction into the segmentation and use it for the Account Interactions?

Additionally I will open an improvement request as suggested.

BR Tobias

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos