cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help on POPUP_GET_VALUES

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am using FM POPUP_GET_VALUES to get the input frm user , i have one field on this popup and i wish assign my own search help to it how can i do it with this fm.....

or if it is not possible with this fm then is there any other fm i can use to give a pop-up to user to input a value and to hav user-defined search help to the field on the pop-up.....

Regards,

Ashwinee Mali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwinee

I think this is possible with the same FM. What you have to do is create a search help in SE11 and assign that search help to the data element of the table field. Because when i run it for TABNAME = 'MARA' and FIELDNAME = 'MATNR', i have been displayed with the search help assigned to MATNR at data element level.

Hope this help !

~ Ranganath

PS : Reward points for all useful answer !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thnx for quick reply...

well i had tht of it but the prob is the value tab i wish to display will hav data frm sevral tables and thier are various conditions from my report on the basis of which the data in the value table will be populated.

so defining a search help is what i hav put aside but.. like in the fm for user defined search help we have a value table where we can pass the values to be displayed in the search help is der ny fm which will provide me this functionality of defingin a input field and having user defined search help to it?

nother opt i m considering is creating a screen n putin the field i require der n to use the fm for user defined search help...

but if i cld get a singlefm with both the functionalities it will save my efforts

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be in that case, i got few more FM's

POPUP_WITH_TABLE_DISPLAY - Pass the internal table populated with necessary data based on your query and based on the line user has chosen you can read that record.

POPUP_GET_VALUES_USER_HELP - You can create your own F4 help sub-routine and pass it as an arguement for this FM. Documentation is provided with more details for this FM. Some thing similar to how we events and user-command logic while using ALV display.

Hope this help !

~ Ranganath

Former Member
0 Kudos

gr88

thnx for the replay anain...

i gues i'll try POPUP_GET_VALUES_USER_HELP...