cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Marketing Cloud How to add consumers to a target group?

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP Marketing Cloud we need the option of adding consumers manually to a static target group.

I have two questions?

1. If I have a set of individual customer ID's, can I import them some how from a xls or csv file into an empty target group? Can this be activated and where can I find this option?

2. If I have to add them one by one using the input help (Target group - Accounts and Contacts - Add), is it possible to change the columns? I would like to add the account ID in the list.

Kr.

MJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guipaulino
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear mjveerhuis ,

I do not think it is possible to upload contact to a target groupd (althought I may be wrong). Maybe you could explore this option a a little bit, I haven't used it so I am not sure how it works:

For option number 2: use segmentation app and create a segment with ID...you can create a target group by insering the ID's manually...use semi-colon (;) to separate the IDs:

Use the 'keep' button and then create your target group.

Hope it helps.

Br,

Guilherme

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

I tried your first option and although this looks a valid scenario, the upload is not reflecting in a number within the segment.

I will check directly with SAP and keep you posted.

MJ

guipaulino
Active Participant

mjveerhuis,

What about option number 2 that I mentioned above? I know this is not the best way, but I guess it would work for you.

1 - Select ID in the segmentation;

2 - Operator 'equal to';

3 - Insert all your ID's in field 'Value' separeted by semi-colon. For example: 5000111;5000222;5000333
(you can do this in notepad or excel sheet and then just copy and past your customers IDs)

4 - Press button 'Keep'

Regards,

Guilherme.

Hi @Marie-José Veerhuis

You can also upload an CSV File with all relevant IDs.
Use the solution above. But instead of using Equal as comparision operator, use this operator: Contained in file

Here you can upload your CSV File with you customer IDs (email, phone, loyaltycardno, ...)
BR Christian

guipaulino
Active Participant
0 Kudos

christian_langmann, wow! this is awesome! I never noticed operator 'contained in file' actually existed. Thanks for sharing!!!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member654580
Participant
0 Kudos

Hola Marie

Por lo que entiendo de tus preguntas

1.- si puedes añadir columnas a la vista del grupo objetivo, te envío una imagen

2.- Sobre agregar contactos a un grupo objetivo estático, SI y NO

SI: siempre y cuando no este liberado

NO: si ya lo liberaste no hay opción, lo que te propongo en ese caso es, descargar ese grupo objetivo en la plantilla y volverlo a subir y crear un nuevo grupo objetivo.

Espero haber ayudado

Hello Marie

From what I understand from your questions

1.- If you can add columns to the target group view, I'll send you an image

2.- About contacts to a static target group, YES and NO

YES: as long as it's not released

NOT: If you've already released it, there's no option, what I put you in that case is, download that target group in the template and re-upload it and create a new target group.

I hope I have mind

Elio C.

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

Option 2 does work! Not ideal. But for the time being I guess the best way.

KR.

MJ

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still struggling with the above matter:

Scenario 1; Create a segment - Using Object key upload - does not work. My set of business partner ID's is not loaded into the empty segment

Including the step of the ID_ORIGIN, does not really make a difference.

Scenario 2; Using the ID, is not optimal

With this scenario, the ID's need to be selected one by one to be added into the segment.

Scenario 3; Empty target group - add business partners

In these scenario the business partners also need to be added one by one. Data can be exported, but a file cannot be imported. I was able to change the columns in the value help and added the ID in order to make things a bit easier.

So in case anybody still has an idea on how to import a set of existing consumers into a segment or empty target group, i am still willing to hear them.

Kr.

MJ

0 Kudos

Hi Marie-Jose

If you Account has specific ID_ORIGIN , can be segmented using ID_ORIGIN from Segmentation Profile and create a TG.

Thanks

Kedar

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

Hi mjveerhuis , You can upload contacts in a CSV file in the Contacts apps. You should see the import link above the contact table. If you want to create a target group upon import, there is a checkbox to Create Target Group. When you check it, you’ll get an option to enter the name for the new target group. You can also download the csv import template from the import dialogue box. In case it's relevant, you can find guidance on matching and merging here: https://help.sap.com/viewer/b88f770e4b7c4ecead5477e7a6c7b8f7/1908.500/en-US/f58f380a63ed46d29f492c7d...

Hope it helps, Caroleigh

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not want to import new contacts. I want to import existing contacts into an empty target group. So the contacts already exist in SAP Marketing Cloud, but I want to add them to a target group without having in SAP Marketing Cloud the attributes for segmentation (yet).

Imagine, I want a list with people that show a certain payment behavior (in S4) and want them to motivate them to pay by a different payment method in the future. I have a list with S4 ID's, the same I use in SAP Marketing Cloud, create an empty target group en put them in. Can this be done?

Kr.

MJ