cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Groupware Connector for Novell GroupWise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a task that "investigate SAP CRM and Novell GroupWise integration". I wanna ask you that:

Can SAP CRM synchronizes with groupwise?

do we have a SAP Groupware Connector for Novell GroupWise?

Regards,

Chuong Hoang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP documentation Groupware connector is available only for

-Exchange

-Lotus Domino

Also look at the Note 908579 - Groupware Integration Frequently Asked Questions.The attachment of the note says the following:-

>>>CRM 4.0 supports two very widely prevailing Groupware products namely, Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003 and Lotus Domino 5.0.x/6.x/6.5.x .

Award points if it helps.

Thanks,

Anand

Edited by: Anand on May 8, 2008 10:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for my slowly respond.

according to information shared from help.sap.com. I know that:

"SAP provides two SAP Groupware Connectors, one for MS Exchange Server and the other for Lotus Domino Server."

"The SAP Groupware connector consists of:

_ SAP Groupware connector.

_ SAP Groupware connector proxy."

in case that I need a connection between SAP CRM and Novell GroupWise, what will I can do???

1. Do I need to develop my own SAP Groupware connector, which consists of 2 listed things above?

2. Is it possible to do that?

Please help me answer these questions.

Regards,

Chuong Hoang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chuong,

A Groupware connector is a tool written by SAP which sits on the exchange side.This tool allows you to monitor failed messages, locked messages etc. Developing a Groupware Conenctor/Proxy for Novell will be a huge task to do and will require indepth expertise of Novell exchange as well as the BDOC structure sent by SAP. I wont recommend it in any way. I would say that you should put it as a limitation and close it.Moreover Groupware exchange is not one of the neatest working scenarios from SAP. I have spent days and nights just to make the standard work:)

Hope it answers.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your advice. Please help me to answer this question:

consider this link first: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/5c/ae9b3c4d4d8d15e10000000a114084/content.htm

As you can see in the "Groupware integration architecture" picture.

One connector proxy connect with MS Exchange and Lotus Domino Server.

The other connect with others Groupware Servers by "Groupware native API"

What is "Groupware native API"? Does it a SAP-CRM solution which can help us connect with others Groupware servers like Novell Groupwise,.. ?

Thanks,

Chuong Hoang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well to answer your question regarding Groupware Native API.

SAP has created this connector and has also provided some dynamic link library's as a part of ths connector. These DLL's have some generic methods which can allowone to connect to the Exchange/Domino. Theoretically speaking one can use these API's to connect to other systems like Novell as well, but then since SAP is not supporting that connection, you might even run into issues where one of those API's is not compliant with the other vendors.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your cooperation.

Chuong Hoang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope it will also help you to migrate from Novell GroupWise to Microsoft Exchange Server !

A best third party software to convert GroupWise to Exchange Software support also migration of different mailboxes to Exchange server which converts it into single PST file. Software provide two option to convert/migrate single or multiple mailboxes.

Try:- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/groupwise-exchange-migration.html