Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Commerce Cloud - European Accessibility Act Support

sarbajeet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I read an article stating that the European Accessibility Act (EAA) will become a legal requirement in the EU by 2025. Consequently, I am curious to know if the composable storefront's planning includes this in their roadmap. Although I noticed that WCAG 2.0 is part of the roadmap, it is not clear if there is a specific plan for EAA compliance or if WCAG 2.0 encompasses EAA requirements as well.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sarbajeet

View Entire Topic
Bill-from-SAP
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Sarbajeet! Indeed we are planning to publish an update Q1 2025 to Composable Storefront related to providing better support for WCAG 2.2 requirements. The goal for the first update is 90+% of the requirements fulfilled, with updates thereafter to fill any gaps discovered during customer use and internal evaluations. Note that this update will apply to ootb components only; any custom UI components will require adding accessibility features by customer. We'll be providing guidelines and a list of requirements we fulfill. Current document is https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_COMMERCE_COMPOSABLE_STOREFRONT/eaef8c61b6d9477daf75bff9ac1b7eb4/cca046....

sarbajeet
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you for the response, Bill