cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace standard view with alternative view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In CRM 5.0 we were able to replace a view with a different view (whether it was SAP standard or bespoke) by adding the appropriate substition controller details in the Runtime Framework Profile.

We are now trying to do the same in CRM 2007 but we have not been successful. I have gone into the SPRO entry "Maintain Runtime Framework Profile" and created "Z_RUNTIME" which is called in the Business Role. It is set up with the following Work Area Definition:

Application: BSPWD_BASICS

View Set Name: WorkAreaHostViewSet

View Area Name: WorkAreaView

I have tried to replace the following controller as a test to change the standard view:

BSP Application: ICCMP_BT_TIMERC

Controller To Be Replaced: SrvTTimeRep

BSP Application: IC_KNOWS_SEARCH

Replacement Controller: MainWindow

This hasnt worked, the view SrvTTimeRep still showed.

Just to reiterate, I'm not trying to enhance a view, I am trying to replace it with a totally different one.

Any help offered is greatly appreciated, and will be reqarded with points! Thanks in advance!

Andrew G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

I believe you need to adjust the repository XML file of the component where the viewset is contained to replace the view in CRM 2007.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Many thanks for your reply, I did wonder whether it had to be done that way. How does that work with Views outside the Component - do I need to extend the Component with the required view before changing the repository file?

The customizing for the runtime framework is still available through the IMG within the new folders (SAP Implementation Guide > Customer Relationship Management > UI Framework > UI Framework Definition > Maintain Runtime Framework Profile), so I wondered whether it was just a case of me selecting the wrong framework. I am torn between two different applications for the Work Area Definition; BSPWD_BASICS and CRM_UI_FRAME. Neither seems to work for me though.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question!

Andrew Griffin.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

The difference is in CRM 2007 is that you don't modify the runtime framework profile globally. Instead each application has concept of a component repository.xml that needs to be adjusted. You actually need to enhance each component where you want to include the view into the viewset. This will then create a Z-component repository of enhancements for the application, including a copy of the respository.xml file. You then adjust the repository.xml using the tools provided to replace adjust the viewset defintion. Now if your view lives in another component you will also have to define the proper component usages to use the view.

I would recommend downloading or getting access to the CRM 2007 OKP materials or taking the CRM UI class which has an example of this method in further detail.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Many thanks for another quick reply.

I will try as you suggest - our developer had a go at this before but without success, but I will give it another go and see if I strike lucky. Hopefully you wont mind me coming back to you if I hit complications? I will leave the question unanswered for now until I have had chance to try this.

I've taken the CR580 course - is the CRM UI class you mentioned different to this? I've also attended SAPCRM (version 4.0), CR100 (version 4.0) and CR410 (version 5.0) - it's difficult knowing which functional courses will bring my CRM 5.0 knowledge up to speed for CRM 2007. Unfortunately I missed the Delta course that was run.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Griffin.