cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative Start Date for Campaign Elements using Campaign Automation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have setup a Campaign Automation workflow to execute a Campaign and Campaign Elements to send emails to a Target Group. Upon starting the Campaign Automation process, the first set of emails are sent out. I then want the system to automatically send the next set of emails from a Campaign Element an hour later (for test purposes). How can i do this?

I have tried using the 'Relative Start Date' but not sure what impact this has. I'm able to start each Campaign Element indivudually so want to know how i can trigger this automatically....as we want to be able to start the Campaign and just let it run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many Thanks

Indi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indi,

You are right setting the Relative Start Date for 1 hour is the right approach, what you can do is create a new Camp element as next step of your campaign element which is really sending out the email.

To trigger the next step which you will create use 'Start for every responder ' option in the new element which will trigger it automaticaly and you have to use 'Send responder to Channel' Workflow in new element. To send same email again from new element assign same communication channel and mail form as the previous element and you will be good to go.

Rgds,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit,

Thanks for the message. It seems that the 'Start for every responder' flag is for executing a Campaign Element based on the responses received from a previous Campaign Element.

In our scenario, we are basically using Campaigns to manage regular emails to be sent out to customers with no expected response. In this case, how can i set the automation so that after an email has been sent out for one Campaign Element, a counter starts before the next one is sent without being based on any response from the customer???

Thanks

Indi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indi,

How about making campaign element as "Periodic Campaign" !!

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/en/ee/4713c9619d4694be08aedb6af00768/frameset.htm

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

Unfortunately, the solution we're looking for needs to be self running. So whilst we will be sending emails out each month for example, they will be pre-defined and quite generic (unlike a newsletter) therefore a periodic campaign will not work. We need something completely automated.

Having done some testing, it seems i can use the Planned Start date/time to trigger Campaign Automation, and perhaps I can use the Planned Start for all Campaign Elements however i cannot get this working. The Campaign Automation starts as is set to COMPLETED for the start node, but any subsequent Campaign Elements are not triggered based on Planned Date or Relative Start Date. The first Campaign Element has the workflow 'Send Target Group to Channel'.

Can anyone help me with this??

Thanks

Indi