cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region Code missing in SAP Marketing Cloud

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor

Hi all,

what to do if there's a RegionCode for a Country that comes e.g. from C4C and in SAP Marketing Cloud that Region does not exist for the Country?

Import Monitor says "Region Code is not valid".

It is not possible to do a Freetext Mapping or to upload the new Region for the Country.

How to proceed? Until now we always had all the needed Regions for all of the Countries we used and I'm not sure if I oversee something. How to add a new Region for a Country in SAP Marketing Cloud?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor

Hi,

I had the EXACT same issue once.

Saurabh already pointed out some options.

Option 1) however isn't possible. I tried to convince SAP once on a support ticket that the standard Sales&Marketing integration flows should use the REGION_FT field instead of the REGION field for more flexibility. However: "both the CRM integration and the ERP integration with SAP Marketing do not use this technology, only the way how and where the mapping is done differs. Furthermore, Our OData Service CUAN_BUSINESS_PARTNER_IMP_SRV which is used in the CPI iFlows to replicate Business Partners to our system does not have any free text fields, and therefore the iFlow cannot use free text mapping here.

Doing the Code List Mapping in C4C is the standard way doing such things in the C4C integration,"

In the integration guide of the Sales Cloud Help pages there's a dedicated chapter on the Code List Mapping: https://help.sap.com/viewer/dae01e0792bb41c8b9da3731d3a8b86a/1908/en-US/bd4d23ebd145403db27af657ad76...

Kr,

Joyca

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member226
Employee
Employee

Hi Tobias,

As per my understanding, It is currently not possible to configure a new region code against country. However, you have few alternatives to look into:1

1. Check if you can manage using "Map Free Text" app. Pre-requisite is to pass the region code with "REGION_FT" field and then create a mapping.

2. If it is just a few regions then may be you can do a Fixed value mapping in CPI

3. In case of C4C as source system, Please check if you can utilize "Code List Mapping" with outbound checkbox marked. This will definitely solve your issue but only if C4C is source:)

Thanks

Saurabh

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi michael.rey

I saw the workaround you proposed for that problem: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/217970 (thanks again Joyca).

But what about RegionCodes, that are not official ISO codes? Can I also open an incident on that component and ask SAP for maintaining the needed codes in our system? Because I think they are individually and not needed by other customers?

How can we solve the problem without changing them in the integrated ERP system?

Kind Regards

Tobias

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca, thanks for clarifying and for your ideas.

I think it comes from the integrated ECC system.

So hopefully SAP will provide a good solution for that very soon.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, we just got a "workaround" on the SAP Influence ticket...

Decision Reason: Workaround proposed

Comment: Dear customers, unfortunately the basis colleagues who own the region codes will not deliver an app that allows to create own codes. However this would be the workaround: If you have region codes that are missing in the system, please create a ticket mentioning the new/missing regions with Iso codes on the component FI-LOC-CNT-GLO The colleagues will verify whether it is an ISO Code region and then deliver the codes with the next content shipment. Best regards Michael

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vervinckt.joyca & kabras,

thanks for your answers.

But the Region doesn't exist in SAP Marketing Cloud at all. So to which value should I map the C4C Value?

E.g. "West Yorkshire" of Country "GB" has in C4C the code "YW". But "West Yorkshire" doesn't exist as a Region in SAP Marketing Cloud.

So there's no Code I can map YW to...

Is there a misunderstanding from my side?

BR Tobias

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor

Is that a standard code in C4C?

In the Code List Mapping in note 2355989 I do find mapping for North Yorkshire:

03,RegionCode,GB,YN,North Yorkshire,NYK,North Yorkshire,,,,OVERWRITE,

But indeed not for West Yorkshire.

The SAP Note indicates "If you are using any other codes, you need to maintain the code list mapping for these codes manually. "

So I suppose you'll need to extend the mapping file.

It's impossible to create additional regions in SAP Marketing Cloud (Though https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/217970 has 27 votes and is under review, so maybe sometime in the future we could),

so probably you'll need to map YW in C4C to a blank value in SAP Marketing Cloud.