cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rationale behind Business Partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure Support Desk functionality of Solution Manager. There were 2 things which i needed to ask :

1) What are actually Business Partners? In case all my users are internal then what Business Partner signifies?

2) Secondly i wanted to ask about the rationale behind Sales Organization Data. Again here as well i need to ask if all users are internal then what data must exist there?

Also if anyone has configured Support Desk would you please also let me know that, does the above mentioned details are suppose to be entered by message processor or these details are incorporated within the message when a users posts a message to Support Desk from a satellite system.

Thanks,

Bilal Nazir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bilal, the Business Partner concept is a generic way withing CRM (and other SAP applications) to use one generic method to store various entities, e.g. Sales Organizational Units, Customers, Employees etc. All these entities are created as a Business Partner only their type is diefferent, e.g. O for Org Units, and P for Employees. This method combined with the BP roles allow 360 degrees views from ou BP related entities. Various BP roles (employee, sold to party, payer...) can be assigned to one BP partner. This since that BP can fullfill various functions (read roles) for your organization. Hope this give you a little more information on this area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tiest, for explaining what actually Business Partner refers to. There was another thing i asked for in my post. That whether these Business Partner details are suppose to be entered in a message by the message processor himself or these details must be configured in the satellite systems from where the user generates the message?

One more thing i needed to ask was that how does a user who posts a message, keeps track of its status? As far as i understand, once the user has posted a message to Support Desk he doesnt get any responses about the message unless the message processor specifically sends one to him.

I ll be glad if somebody sort these problems out for me.

Thanks

Bilal Nazir