cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile set creation problem..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to create profile set..but when I select attribute list from left, I am unable to expand data source ( attribute set & attribute ) & hence unable to drag to modelling area....don't know where did i mess up...?

Your guidance will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi anil

to do that u need to create a filter such that when you apply that u will be able to use the attrubute list u have created

the data sources that u have maintained for your segmentation purpose will be applicable if you sort ur filter out

best regards

ashish

srikantan_j
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Yes, in order to create a profile set, first you need to create filters for those attributes belonging to the attribute set. Now, you can do this in two ways:

1. Go to transaction CRMD_MKTDS and find and select your attribute list created previously. Here select the attribute and click on create filter button located on top in the toolbar, once you select your filters here and save the attribute list, these will be available for you permanently in the segment builder to drag and drop in the staging area.

2.Otherwise, Once you select your attribute list in the segment builder (CRMD_MKTSEG). Just Right click on the Attributes and select create filter, this will create the filter temporarily for you to drag and drop in the staging area during creation of profile set.

Try one of these methods, it will definitely help you.

regards

Srikantan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In the segment builder, right click on your attribute set and select create filter and create filter for all the attributes you want to use, in other words to be seen after you expand attribute set.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil.

Could you solve your problem.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thank you very much for your concern but unfortunately it is not sorted yet.

I did create filter as well but when I go to segment builder ,select create profile set & campaign & everything, it allows me to select my attribute list from left bottom,but as I told you not getting expanded to be dragged to modelling area.

I know i must be doing something silly...

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

There are two problems that I am seeing combined together.

1. Attribute list not possible to expand.

2. Attribute list is already expanded, you can see attributes below the attribute list but those attributes cannot be dragged and dropped.

If the problem relates to 1 above then you need to create filters.

If the problem related to 2 above can you tell me what CRM system are you using. Is this problem new or you could create target segments before but are not able to create now.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks again.

When I go to 'maintain data source for segment builder' search for my attribute list, i can see attribute sets & subsequent attribute which are duly filtered.

the problem is in 'segment builder' section only, wherein after selecting the same atrribute list, doing nothing.

sorry to bother you deepak

regards.

anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I meant in segment builder out of the 2 issues I mentioned which one is a problem.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

sorry. lemme tell you what z happening.

Everything is ok till maintaing data source for segment builder.attribute list is created with attribute set. i can see assigned attributes & these are filtered as well.basically in this section I can see my attribute set & expand these to see filtered attributes.no problem so far.

now coming to segment builder craete profile set, then camapign execution then camapign, new profile set is given a name.If i go left to attribute set & scroll to my attribute list I cannot see anything below attributes in component area. it seems nothing is being selected. i tried to save & see. no results.Obviously no drag/drop in staging area.

I know this is a very basic problem but i have nobody around me who i can sit with & sort out. I am just referring different materials & practising on my system.

If you can reply on anilbatra1athotmail.co.uk as i think i shouldn't waste everybody's precious time on such a basic operational issue.

Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

regards.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In segment builder try to create filter by right clicking on the Attribute set and see whether you can see the attributes over there.

Regards,

Deepak