Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Substitution in WCEM not working

alexander_eden
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't manage to get product substitution to work as I would like in WCEM (Web Channel Experience Management). I have setup condition record in ECC for Product A to be replaced by either Product B or C, replicated the relevant condition objects to CRM and activated the corresponding product substitution inside the transaction type.

In CRM backend (CRMD_ORDER) when I enter Product A I get a popup where I can select between Product B or C (just as wanted/expected) and a message is shown "Product KRE1012004/1 was replaced". Under Item details I see "Replaced by products".

So far so good! (And I assume that above shows that everything is setup correctly?)

In WCEM however the following happens:

I enter Product A --> and this is automatically replaced by Product B without any message given. The problems are the following:

• Why don't I get a selection between Product B and C as in backend
  • Why don't I get any message in the shopping cart about the replacement done (the enduser should get a notice as I see it)
  • When the order is placed - there is no trace of the "originally entered Product A" under "Replaced by Product"

Have I missed any setup to get Product Substitution to work correctly in WCEM (same as in backend).... or is above how it is supposed to work in WCEM?

BR / Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member340955
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

the message:

MESSAGE ID 'CRM_ORDERADM_I' TYPE 'I' NUMBER '521'

WITH ls_orderadm_i_com-ordered_prod

INTO lv_message.

is put from the one order layer to the message log as a info message. In the web channel we only show the error messages.

This behaviour can be changes for any message. You need to create a new entry for the message, which you whant to see, in the "messages.xml" file in the salestransactions.bo DC.

This will be an customer extension.
Best regards, Tamara

alexander_eden
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Tamara!

From a "future release point of view", I do believe that it would be helpful if SAP added some sort of message handling support via WebChannel Builder!

Eg possibile to configure if "success", "warning", "info" or "error" messages should be shown on a general level... and then if more advanced functionality is needed - then XML changes could be done.

I don't fully understand the rationale behind hiding everything but error messages, since changes now is needed both in CRM backend as well as in the message.xml file to achieve things. If all messages were shown as default in WCEM, then it would only be needed to do the changes in CRM backend... and minimizing the number of places to customize things to achieve what is needed in frontend I assume must be the best approach when building an application.

However, your input makes it possible for us to proceed!

BR / Alex

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I think I can say something at least to your first 2 points. But 2 out of 3 is not THAT bad

First of all, I think your setup is correct and there is nothing more to setup WCEM specific.

Why don't I get a selection between Product B and C as in backend

Simply because this is not supported by the standard. There is no overlay or dialog in the WCEM. Always the first product i taken into account.

Why don't I get any message in the shopping cart about the replacement done (the enduser should get a notice as I see it)

I would guess the message level of this message is higher than the message level of the user. If the user has no assigned message level, then WCEM uses 3 (8 if in debug mode).

When the order is placed - there is no trace of the "originally entered Product A" under "Replaced by Product"

I don't know, but it would be interessting to follow up on this one...

Hope I could help you.

Best regards,

Ralf

alexander_eden
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

The message: CRM_ORDERADM_I - 521, was set to level 3.... I changed it to 1 (Customer) to have it on the "lowest" level, but still it didn't show up. I changed both in CRMC_MSGS and CRMC_MSGC.

Strange! It felt like your suggestion was correct!

I have posted an OSS message for this - will update you if they give any help which solves this.

I also found the following notes related to this:

1838893 Product substitution reason missing in WCEM order

1786394 Product substitution issue in WCEM 2.0

1795802 Product substitution issue in WCEM 3.0

1838991 WCEM:Product substitution reason is not set

1804971 Alternative products are not working with WCEM

... but don't really feel that any of these is "spot on" to my problem...

BR / Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This behaviour could be happening because product substitution is still not a feature delivered by SAP for WCEM as per my understanding. Please check feature list for 3.0. I think its not mentioned there

thanks,

-tarun