cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PME and ERP 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am using ERP 2005 and the IPC to configure vehicles in the Vehicle Management System. I do not have CRM implemented at this stage. I would really like to use the PME for product configuration.

I noticed in the IPC Technical Consulting Tips documents put together by Dom Padden (very helpful) that PME can be used with ERP on a "project basis". I also found en interesting PowerPoint on the service marketplace that alluded to the same.

Is anyone able to help me with how to get the PME working with ERP? The PME seems to be a transaction / only called from CRM, from what I can see. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keshav

I had to go with ECC and IPC as we have not implemented CRM at this point. I was pointed to a very useful transaction PMEVC. It is not on the menu, but seems to be the PME in ECC.

I ended up having to find myself an IPC consultant to do a couple of things that I required there to make the IPC work as my VC did (in the IPC your ABAP function modules have to be re-written in Java).

With regard to the presentations, I don't have an e-mail address for you, however:

1. PowerPoint: service.sap.com/cwg then Meeting Philadelphia Nov 2004 --> MySAP ERP 2005 Configuration Engine and Product Modeling

2. Technical tips on VC: Look in sdn for "Dom Padden" and it is a PDF document in there.

All the best with it.

Cheers

TD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

May i have that Power Point Presentation ( MySAP ERP 2005 Configuration Engine and Product Modeling ).

My Email Id is ravi.sah@gmail.com.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Currently I am also working on an engagement which requires a Variant Configuration in ECC along with IPC. It will be helpful if you can forward the presentation and the IPC tips document to me.

Please do let me know, what was your final approach on this

ECC with IPC or CRM with IPC

Thanks for your reply

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Thanks very much for your post. VMS requires the use of the IPC and while these have been configured using the ECC VC functions, the help (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/e8/a3fc3739a25941e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm) indicates that these preconditions are ignored. Some of my preconditions are also implemented as Function Modules (ABAP) and the IPC documentation indicates these need to be re-written in JAVA.

Finally, while I am comfortable with the VC interface, I was hoping that the PME would afford the customer a graphical interface for doing the same job.

We are licensed for CRM, but wanted to look at that later in a phased implementation, however I was hoping that PME could be used from this point forward.

It looks like we will have to proceed as planned and come back and revisit this issue later.

Regards

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I am unable to view the following document MySAP ERP 2005 Configuration Engine and Product Modeling, could you please send the document if possible to my emial id kuttos@yahoo.com.

Could you also guide me in understanding the advantage and disadvantage of using PME and VC in for product modelling.

Appreciate your help.

regards

S.Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

PME component of IPC is exclusively designed to work with CRM product modelling. Out-of-box the PME component will not support ECC. On project basis, you need to contact SAP for consulting solution.

Why don't you use ECC's out-of-box material varinat configuration scenario? Infact variant configuration is very proven for many years.

Given the option, I would prefer ECC VC over IPC PME unless there is a strong reason nor to use VC

<b>Reward if helps</b>,

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Please refer to the