Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC-UI screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear CRM gurus,

Can you please explain me:

(1) Using CRM 4.0 can I use PC-UI for CRM sales scenario. If so, how? Can you give me step by step procedures

(2) Does it need any additional software installed?

(3) With just SAP CRM 4.0, can't I work with PC-UI?

(4) What is (is there) the difference between PC-UI and Internet Sales / e-commerce? Are all these same? Why again Portal appears in the SAP's CRM documentation....

Thank you very much, in advance.

Best Regards

Gopala Turaga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopala, let me try to answer your questions and guide you to some more detailed documentation I wrote I while ago.

Question 1: Yes you can use the PC-UI for several Sales scenarions, just check the available objects. For more details on usage have a look at my weblog <a href="/people/tiest.vangool/blog/2005/07/24/pc-ui-and-easy-enhancement-workbench-eew-integration and Easy Enhancement Workbench (EEW) Integration</a>.

Question 2: No additional software must be installed.

Question 3: Yes, you can, see response under question 1.

Question 4: PC-UI is NOT the same as ISA. Again PC-UI is a framework enabling several SAP transactions to become browser based. The ISA solution on the contrary is fully java based, requires additional deployments, and is aimed to SAP's B2B/B2C e-commerce scenario. Hope this helps and please grant points where points are due. Kind regards, Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just got a comment to the question 2...

dont you need Knowledge Management installed on the Portal to use the full Sales scenario in PCUI?

Best Regards

Kristoffer Engh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kristoffer, answer is simple: NO. Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiest,

Thank you very much for clarification provided on PC-UI usage. I will start researching based on your weblog. Points granted. If I come across any issues while setting up PC-UI functionality, I shall come back with questionnaire.

Best Regards

Gopala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala,

Just to add to Tiest replies, PCUI is SAP framework where the applications you see on GUI are available which can be deployed on the internet.

Portal is a container which can hold all these applications. Say for instance, you launch a portal for Sales, where there might be different roles like sales rep, sales manager. The transactions and authorizations may be differ. SAP terms it as roles which can be assigned in Portal.

Portal may contain PCUI applications, Webdynpro applications, BW reports...

Regards,

Karthik.

Answers (0)